I was served divorce papers from my husband and was denied a waiver for filing fees. How can I get help for filing fees?

The courts denied me at the Daley Center a waiver to file my appearance to the divorce petition served. I am a full time student and stay at home mother to our two children ages 4 and 5. I would like to know the next time I go down to the Daley Daley because the deadline to respond is fast approaching what my next step should be. Should I ask for an extension to respond to the petition while i gather the filing fees or how can I request for my husband to pay these fees?

J. Richard Kulerski Esq.

You must raise the money to pay the Appearance fee. You can later ask the judge to have your husband reimburse you.

J. Richard Kulerski Esq.