I had a DUII in 1998 and another one in 1999 another in 2009. My license is now revoked. Can I ever get it back?

Sunil K Raju

It sounds like your driver's license for revoked for life. A "lifetime" revocation means that your driver's license is "permanently" revoked. But, after the passage of time, you may be able to get your license back. A skilled attorney can review your criminal history and explain DMV's regulations to you, so you know when and how you can get your license back.

***This is NOT legal advice. For legal advice tailored to your situation, contact an attorney.***

David Nelson Jolly

Answered 1 month ago

Multiple DUI offenses and other traffic violations may result in suspending your license indefinitely. In such instances the driver is considered an habitual traffic offender and the suspension of a driver license can be horrendously long. There is no easy way out of such a situation. It is highly recommended that the driver stop driving. Period. If the driver continues to drive and is caught, the hole gets deeper and deeper (never mind the risk of significant jail). However, if the driver does stop driving and waits a certain amount of time (at least one year), most State’s afford the driver a hearing to argue for early reinstatement. Finally, it is crucial to contact a local attorney familiar with the DMV/DOL who can counsel you and help you through the licensing quagmire. Best of luck.

Law Firm of David N. Jolly

www.washdui.com