Unmarried, buying a home, best way, survivor remains until death, then property divided between both our benificieries

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |
More Information:

And avoid probate for survivor and later benificiaries

Answers (2)


John Arthur Smitten

Answered On Mar 5, 2013
You can deed the property to whom you want now then reserve a life estate interest for yourselves. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

David M. Goldman

Answered On May 2, 2013
You can use a form of a life estate deed. But if you already purchased it, you might consider using a trust to avoid having to pay document stamp taxes again on the amount of the mortgage.