I have a court ordered child support payment. Recently I lost my income due to a disability, which the SSA has approved

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |
More Information:

SS also tells me custodial mother is eligible for a benefit 2X my support pmt. Shouldn't the benefit paid on my behalf reduce/replace the child support, especially when my benefit is poverty level?

Answers (1)


Robert Jason De Groot

Answered On Mar 21, 2013
Yes, in my opinion, the amount received by her as a result of your disability should reduce the amount you might have to pay. But you probably need to file a petition for modification, or get her to agree to a modification.