My husband got a ovi and was no read his rights what should he do

Jacob T. Will

If your husband was charged with an OVI the first thing he should do is contact and retain an attorney. After a careful review of the facts and circumstances of the stop and arrest of your husband, the attorney will be in a better position to discuss the specifics of his case, including whether the failure to read his rights will have a significant impact on his case.

Douglas Riddell Jr

I agree with Jacob. An OVI is a serious charge in Ohio carrying penalties of up to six months in jail, a license suspension of up to three years and fines up to $1000. An attorney can help you to navigate the legal process and minimize these penalties where possible and the effect of the OVI arrest on your husband's everyday life (i.e. his ability to drive to and from work, for example). If he was not read his rights, that may be a defense avenue to discuss with your attorney. Good luck.

Douglas Riddell Jr