I have an "adopted" daughter who is completely incapable of taking care of her 4 month old baby. Can I get custody?

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |
More Information:

She doesn't work, she is homeless, and I suspect drug use as well. I would like to get custody of the baby as I have been caring for them since birth. Is this possible with no blood relation? And if so, how do I go about it?

Answers (1)


Robert Jason De Groot

Answered On Apr 18, 2013
If you actually adopted the daughter, she is your daughter, and her child is your grandchild. You may want to file a petition for temporary custody by extended family. It would be best if the daughter consents.