In 2009, I was granted a divorce. The Court s Judgment Entry included a separation agreement. It ordered each party to

Execute and deliver all titles, documents, papers and other materials necessary to effectuate the terms of the separation agreement. My wife & I were joint owners of a mobile home. The mobile home was in my ex-wifes name and she never signed over the title. I paid the mortgage and now my wife filed a motion for contempt. I am behind in the mortgage..only by two months. My ex claims she could not transfer the title because I have not paid the taxs..I have paid the taxs, but she claims that I have to pay not only one years tax, but also the next years tax in advance before she can transfer the title. I have tried to re-finance the mobile home through the lone company but they refuse to talk to me because it is still in my ex-wifes name. I can not afford a lawyer..the court did, in 2009, order my wife to transfer the title over to me, that in the separation agreement, it states: "The WIFE shall sign the title over to HUSBAND.." How am I in contempt? Can you give me advice and law in this?

Content added on April 6th, 2013 at 5:39 AM

The Judge gave me one month..I need the statutes and how can she file contempt when she never signed over title. If I am two months behind in mortgage payments..then she should have no standing as she was suppose to sign over everything regarding the mobile home to me.

David Scott Heier Esq

It's possible that you both are in contempt. You for being behind in payments and her for not signing over the title. One is not necessarily a defense to the other. File your own contempt against her if you think she is in violation of the order too.