How do you start the process of leaving an abusive marriage when there is a child involved that you won't leave without?

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |

Answers (1)


Shawn H. Smith

Answered On Apr 20, 2013
Step one is to hire an attorney, assuming you are not in the midst of an e,regency that necessitates police intervention. They will file your divorce and secure a temporary restraining order and perhaps a protective order to protect you and your kids. It shouldn't take too long after you hire the attorney to get some relief. Good luck.