Mother of child passed away, her family has the child. can the legal father keep the baby

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |

Answers (1)


James J Bagley

Answered On Apr 23, 2013
If the father's name is on the birth certificate and he retains his parental rights than the father should have superior rights to have his child. . This is not a guarantee and it can and will at times lead to long, drawn out court battles.