Is it best to hire a probate attorney that is located in the county that the deceased resided in or any county is okay?

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |

Answers (1)


Robert Jason De Groot

Answered On Apr 29, 2013
It is a matter of choice. You need an attorney for probate matters, and hiring one in the county where the probate will be filed is up to you. It depends upon which type of estate it will be, either a formal administration or a summary administration. Formal is very expensive and time consuming, but summary admin is when the decedent has been gone for more than 2 years or when there is less than 75000 in an estate. In either event you must get an attorney.