What is the process for notifying a parent of a move out-of-state with a child?

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |
More Information:

Custody papers for my son were set in LA court, but my husband and I are FL residents. We may be moving to HI for my husband's job. My ex-husband live in MS and was the first to move out-of-state. What is the process for notifying him of our move? Do I need to go through court systems again?

Answers (1)


John Arthur Smitten

Answered On May 7, 2013
Give your ex written notice that you intend to move. He is already out of state so he has no standing to object.