Can a nursing home take my Mother's assets like CD's when the children's name are on them also?

•  

Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore Esq.

Answered On May 21, 2013
There are limits on the amount of assets that a party can have and still receive public assistance. To answer your question it would be necessary to see the documents involved. I strongly recommend that you meet with a local elder law, estate planning attorney to assist with the Medicaid / Medicare eligibility requirements and review the CD. There may be some risk in cashing them and I would not do so without meeting with a lawyer. Good luck Kenneth L. LaBore www.MNnursinghomeneglect.com

Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore Esq.

Answered On May 21, 2013