How much time will my husband be facing if he got arrested in Garland, Texas for aggravated assault against his father...

•  
More Information:

If no weapons were used and this is his first crime ever committed in the state of Texas?

Shawn H. Smith

Answered On May 11, 2013
If the aggravated assault was not due to the fact that he used a weapon, then they must be alleging that he caused serious bodily injury. This is a second degree felony in Texas, carrying a punishment range of 2 to 20 years in prison, with a possible fine of $10,000. The actual amount of punishment he receives will depend on several factors, including the severity of the injury and the circumstances of the assault. They will also take his criminal history into account. I see that you say he has no history in Texas, which seems to insinuate that he has some in another state. They will take his criminal history from all states into account when making you an offer. You really need to speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney about this. Good luck.