Can I sue the state of North Carolina because I lose my home over a Contamination under my house from gasoline leak ?

•  

Rachel Lea Hunter

Answered On May 18, 2013
Why would you sue the state of North Carolina? If there is a gas pipeline leak you should be suing the company that controls the pipeline. Suing the government is a tricky proposition - there are extra hurdles to go through. Its not impossible, but you first have to establish that the state government as opposed to the private party gas company is liable. You don't post any relevant facts suggesting why the state would be liable. You also don't indicate why you would lose your ho,me. Has it been condemned or eminent domained? Can the leak be fixed? Or did the pipeline leak and explode blowing up your home? These are all questions you may need to address with a real estate/litigation or environmental litigation attorney.