Can I change some of the terms in the divorce paper after i've already signed them?

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |

Answers (1)


Beverly L. Cohen

Answered On May 13, 2013
Generally, no, but it may also depend on what terms you want to change. Certain terms and provisions can be changed by filing a modification action. Provisions for Alimony, child support, custody, and visitation can be modified if certain requirements are met. The terms and provisions related to the division of property cannot be modified.