I've been seeking employment for 17 months and sued my previous employer now I fear I'm being blacklisted, is that legal

Paula J. Mcgill

Answered 10 months ago

Regardless of the legality of blacklisting, employers do background checks on prospective employees all the time. It is nearly impossible to find out of an employee actually went online or hired someone to check the court records. Suits against employers are public records. Therefore, employees must take this into consideration before suing in court. If it can be resolved out of court beforehand, it should be done.

In your case, the only way to check to determine if your employer is actually blacklisting you is to have someone call HR or your former supervisor as a prospective employer to see what they are saying about you.

Paula J. Mcgill

Answered 10 months ago