Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Jackson John Lofgren
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for North Dakota on
Q: 1 year ago I got a misdemeanor for marijuana. Is it possible to get it expunged? I have never had a record.

I'm 55 years old and can't get into an apartment.

Jackson John Lofgren
Jackson John Lofgren answered on Feb 14, 2017

North Dakota does not have an expungement process. However, if you received a deferred imposition of sentence and successfully completed probation your plea can be withdrawn, the case dismissed, and the file sealed.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for North Dakota on
Q: What does Tx mean in a plea deal
Jackson John Lofgren
Jackson John Lofgren answered on Feb 14, 2017

It most likely means treatment such as alcohol or drug treatment.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.