Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Michael S. Foster
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Missouri on
Q: my landlord rented a shop on the same property as the house that i rent to people that ran an appliance repair shop.

they shut it down but didnt clean the small debris up. i steped on something and had my toe amputated because of it. can i sue

Michael S. Foster
Michael S. Foster answered on Apr 3, 2021

Depends on a lot of things. How open and obvious was it. Should you have noticed it? Was landlord on notice of the issue?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Missouri on
Q: How much does insurance usually pay out for a broken feumur?

My daughter had a 200LB sliding barn door fall on her and break her feumur bone at a relatives house and they didn't have homeowners insurance. I dont want to sue them but to find out a reasonable or typical amount paid out for an injury like this.

Michael S. Foster
Michael S. Foster answered on Oct 17, 2020

It is too bad they didn't have homeowners insurance. Your question is a hard one to answer though. The answer depends on the cost of her medical treatment, the age of your daughter (was she working and cannot?), the length of time she'll be treating for her injuries, her pain and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Florida on
Q: husband injured in fall on stairway in his sisters house (broke arm) Can she be sued without his consent or knowledge?
Michael S. Foster
Michael S. Foster answered on Aug 12, 2020

Usually the only way to sue is with his consent unless he has a guardian ad litem or some person appointed by the court to act in his best interests if he is not in a good mental state. You can learn more at

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Missouri on
Q: if someone is involved in a head on crash in a work vehicle on the job and it was not the workers fault

the other guy crosses center line hits someone head on while they are in a work vehicle on the job all caught on trucks camera. Would worker have to hire his own attorney to sue the other guys insurance for himself or would his employer fight for a settlement on behalf of their employee?

Michael S. Foster
Michael S. Foster answered on Jul 16, 2020

He would likely have to hire an attorney to go after the other driver. You may also have a workers compensation claim.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Missouri on
Q: I was in a car accident on 2/20. Guy pulled out in front of me and totaled my car.

Some minor injuries. Since I am diabetic, I went ahead and went to the eye doctor for my black eye and the doctor for my sore arm. His insurance is wanting to settle for $3,500 and $10,000 medical coverage for 180 days. Should I settle with this? It doesn't like that should be all. Please... Read more »

Michael S. Foster
Michael S. Foster answered on Mar 31, 2020

You need to have a free consultation with a lawyer to discuss your matter. Please find a lawyer who specializes in personal injury and discuss this matte.r

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Wrongful Death for Missouri on
Q: If a vehicle title holder is not the insured driver of the vehicle, can they be held liable for any damages as well?

The individual that is at fault for an accident did not have enough insurance (underinsured). This person is not listed as the owner of the vehicle, his wife is, and she is not included on the insurance policy. Can she be sued as the owner? Also, the driver was driving on a suspended license, which... Read more »

Michael S. Foster
Michael S. Foster answered on Jun 19, 2019

We would need to know more facts in order to potentially bring a negligent entrustment case as well. Do you have underinsurance?

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.