Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alaska Personal Injury Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Health Care Law for Alaska on
Q: can I sue a hospital for my daughter getting tourettes due to medication?

my daughter (15) got put on anti psychotics for sever anxiety and the doctors didn't tell us about a side effect that causes a tic disorder. the disorder commonly related to the medication she was put on only appears in elders who's gone through menopause and such things. we are thinking... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Dec 24, 2020

An Alaska attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your daughter's ordeal. This has the makings of a complex and difficult case, likely offering different avenues from which to assert OR defend the correlations you offer.

As a...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: My statue of limitation is running out on my personal injury case. Is there a form I can fill out to extend the statue?

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer after using Johnson and johnson talc powder all my life.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Aug 28, 2020

Time is of the essence in your situation. Although an attorney in your jurisdiction could advise best, it would be advisable for you to take action without further delay instead of awaiting a response to your post here. DO NOT count on the statute of limitations being extended in significant... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: if i settle claim with third party am i able to file claim with my own auto insurance - under insured with in the statu

this is regarding a bike accident happened in april 24th 2016. i was not at fault. the total sum of past and future economic damage is greater than 50000. the third party agreed to settle the policy limit which is 50000. i am planning to approach my own auto insurance company to get support for my... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 22, 2018

You usually need the consent to settle from the underinsured carrier. May be more than one if someone in your household also has it, depending on your state's law and the contracts. Note that in some states you have to repay liens out of the settlement, so if you are d.i.y'ing it be sure... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: Can I request additional money for a change in quality of life? There are many things I can no longer do

I've had 2 knee surgeries and preparing a counter offer

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 16, 2016

Yes, but you should be talking to your lawyer. This sounds significant enough that if you d.i.y. you could have issues with subrogation liens etc. Contact a member of the Alaska Trial Lawyers Assn/Assn for Justice--they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: If you have settled a case against a state for personal injury, but years down the road the injury becomes more

significant, can you ask for more to help cover costs for medical?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Feb 16, 2016

Usually the release is broad enough to prevent this, but ask a local lawyer to review and advise.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: Can I file for an Alienation of Affection lawsuit in Alaska?

Due to malicious acts through a third party I feel as though my wife has fallen out of love with me.

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Nov 4, 2015

You can file anything, but you are extremely unlikely to prevail on such a lawsuit.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: I'm looking for case law with police, and excessive force. Thank you

With false police report. Officer shows up and assaults a innocent person because of a false police report.

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Aug 10, 2015

Why exactly do you believe you need case law? Have you filed a lawsuit?

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: Who attends a subpoena? The Witness/Vitctim and the Guilty or just the witness/Victim?
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 14, 2015

I'm not sure I understand the question. A subpoena is a court order and should be followed by the person for whom it is meant.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.