Antitrust Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

US Territories

  • Puerto Rico

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Antitrust Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Antitrust and Securities Law for Wisconsin on
Q: I was never served the summons and I missed the first court appearance. Can I counter for abuse of process?

I suspected they would file because their attorney's sent me bills to collect, but a summons nor complaint never came. I looked it up on WCCA and saw it today. Summons was filed on 6-17-19. I still haven't received it, but the commissioner adjourned for publication on 7-11-19. Attempted... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Aug 15, 2019

This is not a securities law question.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Antitrust for New York on
Q: Are there any drawbacks that may arise post-judgment if a suit is brought and won in the US against non-US defendants?
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel answered on Jul 9, 2019

Yes. You won't be able to collect your judgment.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Antitrust for California on
Q: Is a clone a human and would homicide be illegal

What if I could prove there were clones surrounding me 200,000 through a diabetes test

Rhonda Mae Hixon
Rhonda Mae Hixon answered on May 16, 2019

A clone of a human would be a human since they share the same DNA, so homicide of a clone would be illegal and a violation of Penal Code section 187, just as it would for a human.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Consumer Law, Contracts and Antitrust for Texas on
Q: Vehicle was hit by another vehicle. Took it to paint shop. Went over the insurance estimate and removed a few items to s

Save some money. When I went to pick up my vehicle all the repairs were done very bad. Very bad.

Then when I got the final invoice the paint shop has changed all the numbers around to make the final bill to equal the original estimate.

Which they had already sent a supplement to... Read more »

Gary D. Peak
Gary D. Peak answered on May 9, 2019

The question is, do you have your vehicle or is it still at the shop? If they still have it I would get an attorney to write a demand letter for the car and regarding the bill. If not, you can simply refuse to pay and if they report it to the credit bureaus then sue them, or if they sue you, file... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Antitrust, Appeals / Appellate Law and Banking for California on
Q: Wells Fargo seeking to hire seven new lawyers
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 6, 2019

This is not a Wells Fargo cafeteria job board. This a professional blog where experienced lawyers answer general legal questions from the public about many different situations, such as whether they can sue there bank for intentional fraud and other crimes committed in the name of making more... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Federal Crimes, Tax Law and Antitrust for Texas on
Q: Who can enforce theft by an employer of employee withholdings and deductions?

This is not an isolated incident this is I believe, all employees over 5 years and at one point there was over a hundred employees. He has deducted for taxes Medicare social security child support none of which has ever been submitted to any of their respective places. I am still suffering behind... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 22, 2019

If any of these allegations are true you should report everything you know to the federal authorities responsible for maintaining these financial records; state with the Social Security Administration and the IRS.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Family Law and Antitrust for Washington on
Q: I don’t have a bank account so my ex wife allowed me to have my employer direct deposit my paychecks into her account an

And now she won’t give me any of my money

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 15, 2019

Unless you give us more information--for example, tell us WHY you ex wife is refusing to "give you any of your money"-there is very little anyone can do to help you online.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Antitrust for Oregon on
Q: what kind of lawyer will i need to represent my interest concerning my mothers last will

i will want a lawyer close to zip 97478

Vincent J. Bernabei
Vincent J. Bernabei answered on Mar 13, 2019

If your interest in your mother's will is contested, you will need a lawyer who has experience in probate and estate litigation.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Antitrust and Communications Law for New York on
Q: Telecom disconnects service without notice.

My local (New York City) telecom company disconnected service (phone + internet) without notice. To have it reestablished, they’re asking for installation fees (to run new connection cables) and increased monthly charges. Is this action warranted under law?

Jonathan David Warner
Jonathan David Warner answered on Feb 14, 2019

If the bill was not paid, they have the right to disconnect.

Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust, Civil Litigation, Identity Theft and Personal Injury on
Q: For about 8 months or more, my cell phone was illegaly wiretapped by law enforcement? What can I do? I have proof.

I have audio recordings of law enforcement officials talking about committing crimes against there own citizens in The Woodlands, TX 77381.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 4, 2019

Suggest you contact the Texas Civil Liberties union and ask for the names of cooperating attorneys near to where you live. You would have to show damages--some are implied, others not.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Antitrust for Georgia on
Q: I went for an interview at USCIS with my wife and she got arrested during the interview.

After visiting her at the prison and speaking to the probation officer and got know she had violation in her probation even before we got married. The immigration has sent me a notice of another interview but I have not gotten date yet. My question is with my wife hidden all this from for a year... Read more »

Allen C. Ladd
Allen C. Ladd answered on Jan 5, 2019

Sir, I'm sorry this has been so difficult for you and your wife.

When will she be released from prison? Can you postpone the interview until then?

The best advice I can give you is to find a good immigration lawyer. A couple suggestions: State Bar of Georgia in Atlanta has...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust, Business Law, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for California on
Q: If a government agency causes a company to go bankrupt because of an agency decision that breaks the law...

If a government agency causes or partially is the cause for a private company to go bankrupt because of an agency decision that breaks the law or is due to malfeasance by a public official, what recourse does the business have against the government agency or the official?

Thomas A. Grossman
Thomas A. Grossman answered on Jan 2, 2019

It depends on the circumstances. Despite what we would like to believe, most government agencies are not perfect because they are staffed by government workers who sometimes don't care about their jobs. I have run into this problem many times, and there us no way to win once the agency makes... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust for California on
Q: What's the best way for consumers to report potential price-fixing schemes?
T. J. Jesky
T. J. Jesky answered on Sep 25, 2018

Price fixing takes place when competitors enter into an agreement to set prices of goods, at the expense of their customers and the free trading market. If you identify a price fixing scheme, you have the ability to take action against the price fixers. If you believe the price fixers are... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust for Tennessee on
Q: If someone I don't know sends me money and wants me to send it to Nigeria and I don't send it can I get in trouble

A woman I met online had a friend of hers send me some money she said it was for her sister in Nigeria someone sent me the money but the woman wanted me to send it to some man not her sister in Nigeria I think it's a scam for money laundering or something so I didn't send it. Can i get in... Read more »

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills answered on Jul 6, 2018

It's likely a scam.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Family Law and Antitrust for Florida on
Q: Me and my family are going on a two week trip and I don't want my older sister to get my dog what should I do?

My older sister has a history of psychopathlogal lying, stealing, and drug abuse. But she had paid for my dog medical expenses in the past but is there a way from keeping her away from my dog?

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on May 29, 2018

Leave the dog with someone else.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Antitrust, Banking and Business Law for New Jersey on
Q: I was just curious if it is illegal to let someone look at your check and compare it to theirs
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer answered on May 19, 2018

How could that possibly be against the law?

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust and Real Estate Law for North Dakota on
Q: I am a realtor and I have an anti-trust law question.

I lost some buyers because they communicated with the listing agent on facebook about the house they wanted to buy and did buy. The listing agent told them if they bought the house from her she could give them a deal because she would have both sides and could give the seller a discount so she... Read more »

Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne answered on Mar 8, 2018

To the contrary, it would likely be an anti-trust violation if you somehow prevented those buyers from participating freely in the real estate market or prohibiting them from contacting certain agents. There is a grave difference between an anti-trust violation and an unfair advantage. It does not... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Antitrust and Child Custody for Florida on
Q: Wife disappeared, took our 3 kids out of state without notice or answering phone for weeks. Enrolled them in school but

She claims she hasn't changed her address, so how are the kids enrolled in a school, that she won't tell me where or what the names of schools are. We also had an open case with child services, and claims when she told them she left, they just closed the case. Does this sound legal&... Read more »

Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber answered on Feb 22, 2018

You can file for divorce where you live. Once she is served you can ask the court to order her to return the kids to where you live. The longer she is away and establishing the children in a new city, the more difficult it will be for you.

1 Answer | Asked in Antitrust, Land Use & Zoning, Business Law and Consumer Law for Florida on
Q: Can a sign shop owner who has classes have T&C that keep participants from opening up a sign shop in a 200 mile radius?

The sign shop owner is a of a do-it-yourself sign studio. Nothing proprietary or really unique was "taught" in the class. We applied stain to wood with a brush, then dabbed paint on to make lettering, just like what it seen in literally hundreds of videos online. Their terms and... Read more »

Andy Wayne Williamson
Andy Wayne Williamson answered on Feb 1, 2018

Short answer, I don't think so, but it doesn't mean that the sign shop owner cannot try. Typically agreements like you describe are apart of an employment agreement and are referred to as a non compete agreement.

I suggest that a consult with an attorney in your area may be...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.