Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
District of Columbia Employment Discrimination Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for District of Columbia on
Q: What is the impact of Appellant's Representative's Notice of Withdrawal of Counsel on an ongoing case?

My lawyer decided to stop representing me in a case with OPM, does the judge have to approve it or let them off the hook?

Matthew T. Famiglietti
Matthew T. Famiglietti answered on Apr 8, 2021

The judge will consider the Motion to Withdraw. He or she will consider the reasons for the Motion, then make a decision of the Motion. The attorney who made the Motion still represents, you until the Motion to Withdraw is granted and ordered by the judges.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Elder Law and Employment Discrimination for District of Columbia on
Q: Coworker is making childish remarks and you say "your almost 70 yrs old and acting like a child."

Is one remark consider age discrimination or does it have to be a pattern of behavior?

Andrellos Mitchell
Andrellos Mitchell answered on Aug 6, 2019

Well, it depends on what the policy is at your workplace. Generally speaking, I would say that actual... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination for District of Columbia on
Q: How do I file a sex discrimination lawsuit if I'm a federal employee?
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq. answered on Jul 8, 2017

Speak with a lawyer so you can best lay the groundwork for the matter. You'll need to report it to HR first, usually. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination for District of Columbia on
Q: is the article 15 executive law of the state of new York also a law in the state of district of Columbia

also is it called article 15 law of the state of new York or District of Columbia

V. Jonas Urba
V. Jonas Urba answered on Jul 5, 2017

I am not licensed in the District of Columbia and therefore unable to answer your question.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.