Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Entertainment / Sports Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Entertainment / Sports and Trademark for Georgia on
Q: If my file failed because of abandonment how can I reopen it?
Tania Maria Williams
Tania Maria Williams answered on Feb 3, 2020

There are various reasons that a file will be considered abandoned by the USPTO. If the file is considered abandoned for failure to respond to an Office Action or to file the Statement of Use, an applicant may be able to file a Petition to Revive the application. However, the petition must be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Family Law, Entertainment / Sports and Child Custody for Georgia on
Q: I have joint custody of my girls. My girls are going to be signed to a record label. Do we need a signature from him?

He lives in the state of LA, owes a very large amount of child support. Which also means he does NOTHING to support them. Can he have some say so on their earnings and/or does he have to be present when we sign contracts? What kind of lawyer do I need to make sure they are covered legally?

P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill answered on Feb 21, 2018

If you have primary physical custody, it should not be an issue if you are signing on their behalf. You papers should address the signing of contracts for them. You may want to look at entertainment attorneys if you are looking for representation in the negotiation of contracts.

2 Answers | Asked in Entertainment / Sports and Immigration Law for Georgia on
Q: Employer filed a petition with the USCIS for my O-1B visa. It was approved while in Canada - Unlawful Presence 3yr ban?

My employer did not file from my P1 to O1 in a timely manner, as soon as I found out that i was only in pending status I headed back to Canada. I received a 3 year ban for overstaying under 180 days. My O1 visa was approved while I'm in Canada and my employer sent me a copy of my approved... Read more »

Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers answered on Sep 30, 2015

The stated facts create a complex case.

Seek opinions from an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.