Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Communications Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law and Internet Law for Georgia on
Q: Is it legal to podcast about a doctor who is practicing outside the standards of care? He has 6 or more active lawsuits.

The medical board is ignoring many complaints about him and he has lost privileges at more than one hospital.

He is an OB and many women and babies have died unnecessarily under his care.

We are considering doing a “Dr. Death” style podcast about him to end his career of... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Aug 21, 2020

A Georgia attorney could answer your question best, but your post remains open for two weeks. Even if your intentions are noble in trying to protect the wellbeing of women and babies as prospective patients, the fact remains that there is a possibility you could be sued for defamation. No one could... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Civil Litigation and Communications Law for Georgia on
Q: Do I have an eavesdropping video recording case?

Hi, I was reading your article on video recording laws in Georgia. I transported my brother's children to his house from school all last year, because his wife needed me to. What I did not know was that his wife, whom he was divorcing, had placed a hidden camera in the living room to eavesdrop... Read more »

Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV answered on Jun 29, 2020

It appears that your question was intended for one specific person, but we are not sure who. You may want to send it directly to that person, or consult with an attorney who can review your case in detail and present you with the options. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Real Estate Law, Communications Law and Landlord - Tenant for Georgia on
Q: What can I do about the place where I’m staying there’s some discrepancies, my belongings are being missed placed

I just need to know what do I do or what can I do about it

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Apr 11, 2020

Your post includes Personal Injury as a category, but there did not appear to be any injury-related issues in the brief description. In terms of the discrepancies with belongings you describe, it might be helpful for an attorney to know more information - were these discrepancies in connection with... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Law and Communications Law for Georgia on
Q: ISP suddenly stopped providing a product that we still pay for. Did they breach the contract?

Before I joined my company, they signed a multi-year service agreement with an Internet Service Provider that I think we should no longer use. When looking at the early termination terms, we would owe over $7,000 for the remaining 23 months. So, in an effort to not cancel service but change... Read more »

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn answered on Feb 4, 2020

Possibly. It's difficult to analyze without the details. It may not let you out of the contract entirely but you could likely get some credit of offset.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Constitutional Law for Georgia on
Q: When placed under investigation in the county jail are they allowed to not let u make a phone call or have a visit

Been incarcerated for 5 days placed on hold for warrants

Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw answered on Feb 2, 2020

You should be permitted a phone call. It is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Federal Crimes for Georgia on
Q: Hello I have a question about a upcoming case next month

If a person of 55 that has maintained a absolute clean record with no criminal history of any kind there whole life at age 55. and has now been charge with the committed felony crimes for communication by phone & felony #2. Communication by text. using a cell phone to commit the following... Read more »

Robbie Levin
Robbie Levin answered on Nov 20, 2019

Get a lawyer. You don’t want to be a convicted felon if at all possible. There’s more to it than just figuring out an agreeable sentence.

For more info visit my website at

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Communications Law, Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia on
Q: Any advice on trying to communicate with my kids dad about the kids? He doesn’t want to talk to the kids or let the kids

Visit. Sometimes block us from calling. But as the primary parent I’m told I should always keep communication open to him if he chose to talk to the kids. But how can that go both ways. Seems double standard. Would like if he kept constant communication with kids since they ask about their dad.

Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards answered on Jul 19, 2019

You can't force him to be a good parent.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Communications Law for Georgia on
Q: Yes what is the sentence with harassment communications? Please tell me something cause I have court March 3rd
David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle answered on Feb 26, 2019

Harassing phone calls is a misdemeanor in Georgia for each call made.

3 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Communications Law for Georgia on
Q: I have a tpo against my baby's dad I'm trying to lift it. Can I have a video visit with him without him being in trouble

He violated his tpo because he was caught with me. He only has a misdemeanor because I was willingly in his presence, I'm trying to get the tpo I put on him taken away because we have a baby together and there was no physical violence and we've reconciled. Can I have a video visitation... Read more »

Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards answered on Sep 9, 2018

He would be violating the TPO and committing another felony. Stop trying to contact him. If you want the TPO dismissed, file a motion, but do not contact him while the order is in place.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Communications Law and Family Law for Georgia on
Q: Physical custody mother out right refuses myself any communication with my daughter outside of my visitation. Legal?

She refuses any communication by me with my daughter while she is with her.

She refuses to answer any questions I have to her about my daughter.

The mother blocked my number and requires me to send any questions I have via email.

It may be a week or three before I get a... Read more »

Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards answered on Aug 4, 2018

The kinds of questions you posted, she actually doesn't have to answer. It's not great parenting, but she isn't obligated to tell you those things. As long as she actually does show up for the parenting time designated, then she isn't in contempt of the order.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Communications Law for Georgia on
Q: My wife and I are being called and texted by a woman I had an affair with. We have ask her to go away.

She calls text and tries to contact us via linked in and even watches our home.

David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle answered on Jul 1, 2018

You can contact the police for harassing phone calls, and/or you can change your phone number.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law, Constitutional Law and Securities Law for Georgia on
Q: False report of a crime. Unlawful. Conduct.
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on May 29, 2018

Is there a question?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.