Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Hawaii Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Military Law for Hawaii on
Q: I have moved to South Korea with my military spouse. Can I receive unemployment benefits from the state of Hawaii?
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko answered on Jul 17, 2020

You should speak with the Hawaii unemployment department. Each state has different provisions for unemployment and this information can be obtained from the department. It is not a question requiring the assistance of an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Car Accidents, Military Law and Small Claims for Hawaii on
Q: Someone is accusing me and my fiancé of crashing into their car. We weren't there and they have no actual proof.

They are posting it everywhere on Facebook and getting people to attack us. The person who crashed into their parked car left a note and the number isn't my fiancé but somehow brought them to his Facebook account. What should we do?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 2, 2017

Notify your insuance to be on the safe side. Have an attorney draft a cease and desist letter. They can also give you a couple of short sentences you can respond to. If they aren't getting a rise out of you, sooner or later they will find something else.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.