Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
International Law Questions & Answers
3 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for California on
Q: Can a remote US employee living in Australia qualify for EB1C Green card?

Hi there, I am located in Brisbane Australia. I was born in India and hold Australian Citizenship. I work remotely from Australia for a US company. I have an Indefinite contract with the company, and I pay my taxes in Australia. My company does have 1 offshore office registered in London UK. I was... Read more »

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko answered on Sep 21, 2021

This is an extremely dense, complex and, honestly, inappropriate legal inquiry for a remote legal answer. It requires a detailed, comprehensive and diligent case review with your participation in order to analyze that legal situation properly.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Business Law and International Law for Florida on
Q: Needing advice for subscription-as-a-service business model, USA and international.

My business, once launched, will collected recurring monthly charges to access advanced features on the platform (website and app), like SaaS. My business is currently an S Corp in Delaware, I reside and run the business from Florida.

What legal implications am I looking at? What countries... Read more »

Linda Liang
Linda Liang answered on Sep 3, 2021

You need to obtain a certificate of authority in order to do business in Florida. You can receive subscription from anywhere. A business attorney is who you should talk to about the details.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes, International Law and Small Claims for Delaware on
Q: I need help suing Puerto Rico

I live in Delaware I am the father of four daughters who live in Puerto Rico in 2008 for which a pension was fixed for me in 2011 in 2019 my eldest daughter turned 21 years old and still continues to pay the pension in in 2019 and second daughter left home and still continues to pay the pension in... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Aug 21, 2021

You might have better chances of a response with this question if you reposted under Puerto Rico. Your post remains open for two weeks. Even though you're in Delaware, it sounds like Puerto Rico is where the pension originates from. There is not a section here for Pensions, but you could try... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in International Law on
Q: how had the Supreme Court house of lord exercise their power to overrule their previous decision?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Aug 8, 2021

If you mean the House of Lords of the UK Parliament, you would need to pose this question to a lawyer/solicitor in the United Kingdom. This forum is basically based on U.S. law. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

I've attached some info that might point you in the right direction......
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in International Law and Probate for Ohio on
Q: My Canadian husband died intestate in Ohio. I'm a US citizen. We had no children. He has 1 adult child in Canada.

His Canadian estate consists of the contents of a storage container of household goods in BC and stock in a Canadian company at the time of his death. He was a resident of BC prior to joining me in Ohio. He did not own any vehicles, bank accounts or real estate in Canada. His US estate consists of... Read more »

Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp answered on Jul 21, 2021

A detailed analysis of all the pertinent facts is necessary before anyone can give you a definitive answer. I recommend sitting down with a probate attorney in your area for a full consultation.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law, Intellectual Property and International Law on
Q: Is it possible to sign a Licensing Agreement online with US Companies as a US LLC owned by NRA?

Dear lawyer,

I have a US SMLL, I am an NRA(not us citizen nor us resident).

I am an inventor owning a US LLC.

My goal is: via my us LLC I want to file PPA(Provisional Patent Applications) for my ideas to establish “perceived ownership”.

and Try to sign a... Read more »

Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Jul 14, 2021

You can sign licensing agreements with anybody you want in the world.

You need to consult with an attorney before taking any actions

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law, Child Support and International Law for New York on
Q: What are the legal ramifications if I don't assist my Chinese ex-wife in renewing our daughter's U.S. passport abroad?

My ex-wife, a Chinese citizen, wants to renew my daughter's U.S. passport in China. My daughter isn't a Chinese citizen, she's an American citizen, but is living there under a visa in my ex-wife's name. In order to renew the passport, she needs my help because I'm an... Read more »

Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich answered on Jul 11, 2021

There are no ramifications except that your wife will tell your daughter of your refusal

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in International Law for Texas on
Q: How would I go about selling a home internationally? I have a home that was willed to me by my father in Guatemala.

Do I need to hire a lawyer in that country or do I need to only consult a real estate agent?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 26, 2021

A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. As a general principle, real estate transactions tend to be governed by state-specific or nation-specific laws. You could reach out to attorneys in the Austin area as a starting point, but it's likely a real... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and International Law for Florida on
Q: Is there a form to refuse or transferred my part of heritance to my sister?

My mother left us a property in Puerto Rico

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jun 23, 2021

You should ask your question in Justia > Ask a Lawyer > Puerto Rico.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Texas on
Q: I was issued at Ordered Removed (inadmissible) on my way to NC from MEX. How can I get this removed, it was a mistake.

I was in Chicago (layover) and they questioned my intent of traveling to the US. I told them I was here to help a friend recover from surgery but did not believe my story. They said I was here to get married & after checking my phone, they could not prove it. Then the said I was here to work... Read more »

Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder answered on Jun 23, 2021

You have not stated very important information: How did you enter the USA? If you entered without inspection you were subject to removal regardless of your reason for being here and your education. You agreed to the removal.

1 Answer | Asked in International Law on
Q: hi Sir, what are the impacts of the changes of law towards the society?

The impacts can be in relation with gender, culture and morality

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 15, 2021

This is a difficult question to answer because it is very broad. It can cover many different areas of law. Some of the areas in which you could look at the impacts could include constitutional law, equal protection, workplace discrimination laws, fair housing laws, etc. If you are doing this for... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and International Law on
Q: I'm looking for a lawyer to look over my wholesale real estate contract. If you can help please reply
Michael D. Birchmore
Michael D. Birchmore answered on May 5, 2021

This site is not for solicitation of business. You are more than welcome to find the right type attorney here on Justia by looking into the Find a Lawyer section.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and International Law on
Q: Can I sue a Saudi branch company of a UK based company in British Courts?

I have concluded a memorandum of understanding with a Saudi branch company of a UK registered company. The MoU states that the MoU is subject to the laws of the territory without specifying which territory. In the MoU, the address of the Saudi branch company is given in Saudi. My address as he... Read more »

Hassan Hussein Elkhalil
Hassan Hussein Elkhalil answered on Apr 26, 2021

You may sue the Saudi Company in the UK.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, International Law and Tax Law for Texas on
Q: Should I get a tax refund as an international student?

I started working this year and filed my taxes for last year. I got a tax refund but I was not employed anywhere last year. I am a F-1 student, will this refund affect my chances of getting green card?

Agnes Jury
Agnes Jury answered on Apr 22, 2021

You should consult with a Certified Public Accountant to understand why you got a refund. As long as your taxes were properly completed, the mere fact that you got a refund will not affect your eligibility for permanent residency/green card. You should consult with an immigration attorney though... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and International Law for Louisiana on
Q: Can a lawyer find out if someone is married in Mexico?

My friend is trying to get his marriage annulled or get a divorce. He recently learned that his wife may have already been married in Mexico when she married him in the USA. I'm thinking that would be grounds to anull or void their marriage here. However he has no proof this is true, is... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Apr 7, 2021

His US lawyer can find a Mexican lawyer through the US embassy.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Banking and International Law for New Jersey on
Q: I would like to sue Binance for stealing from me, and am in need of legal assistance

Binance has over 300k in stolen assets, and refuses to return it or cooperate with investigation, and also locked my account.

Hassan Hussein Elkhalil
Hassan Hussein Elkhalil answered on Mar 30, 2021

File a police report for the stolen assets.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and International Law for Georgia on
Q: Is a primary custodian able to keep a child in the US when the non-custodial parent moves out of the country?

There is a parenting plan in place that says the child cannot internationally travel without both parent's permission. The non-custodial parent recently gave up joint custody to move out of the country and wants the child to be able to travel to Europe. The custodial parent is aware of the... Read more »

V. Joy Edwards
V. Joy Edwards answered on Mar 23, 2021

If your paperwork says both parents have to agree and one parent does not, then the child should not travel outside of the country

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Illinois on
Q: Hello, I applied for post completion OPT one month ago. However, I realized that I forgot to answer the question 14

In the I-765 form, which asks whether I want to get a social security number. But because I have a number, I answered question 13 and gave my number. Because I sent the form without answering one question, I am worried about my approval. Do you think that will USCIS deny my application? What should... Read more »

Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler answered on Mar 13, 2021

If the USCIS accepted an application in which you answered a question with another question, it should approve the application. That is, unless there are other defects.

1 Answer | Asked in International Law and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Illinois on
Q: Is it likely that a patent application for a process that involves an internationally patented product will be approved?

There is only one source of a patented filament for 3d printing. I have come up with a simple way to print the filament, creating a potentially profitable product. It is a novel idea for printing the filament, but a common way of producing similar products.

Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek answered on Mar 9, 2021

If you came up with a new way of making a filament that is know, then, yes, that is potentially patentable. Your patent would not cover the filament, but it will cover the method.

But there is a problem. The problem is that if you take a known method to make a known product, it will be...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in International Law for Florida on
Q: I'm an American who was illegally denied entry into Israel. How can I sue the Israeli government?

I am a citizen of the US & Jordan. I live & work in America. I have no family or friends in Palestine but I'm of Palestinian descent. No one in my extended family has any Palestinian documentation, yet I was denied entry into Israel for no reason at all. They said it was because... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Mar 6, 2021

You imagine that you could get an enforceable order from any court in the world, except perhaps an Israeli one, requiring Israel to let you in? Think again.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.