Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Foreclosure Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Louisiana on
Q: I need a attorney to help me with this mortgage company, who has harassed me and my family from March 2020 - March 2021.

They evicted us during the cares act protection. They forced us to move in a home with no roof and no heat with four children 4 year old boy with ADHD and a hearing problem, 7 year old girl who was distraught and cried, a 14-year-old who also had a very rough time with this and a 17 year old who... Read more »

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer answered on Mar 17, 2021

Your only chance of saving your property is if you retain an experienced LA mortgage foreclosure defense and bankruptcy attorney. Unfortunately, there is no basis to file a lawsuit against the mortgage company based on your stated facts. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE! YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Family Law, Foreclosure and Personal Injury for Louisiana on
Q: Why The United State of fifth Circuit court of Appeals case#18-9296 in The United States District court for the Eastern

District of Louisiana is a federal trial court based in New Orleans Chief  Nannette Jolivette Brown appeals to fifth circuit U. S. Attorney Peter G. stressed Approved Granting motions case #18-9296 sect. S Mag 4 filed by Pro Se representatives And plaintiffs Isaac Williams Jr. And Wife Trina... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Mar 21, 2019

Is there a question in there?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Family Law and Foreclosure for Louisiana on
Q: My mom died when I was young and my uncle is trying to sell the house I used to live in? Is that legal and isit my house

I used to live with my mom (parents never married) and my mom died when I was 10. The house I used to live in was just me and my mom and I think my late grandfather MAY have been Co owner. I moved in with my dad till the age of 18. My uncle (grandfather's 1st wife's son), moved into the... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Dec 6, 2018

Call or go to the mortgage and conveyance office for the parish in which the house was located and find out who does own it. If your Mom or grandfather was an owner, then you need to hire a succession attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law, Foreclosure and Legal Malpractice for Louisiana on
Q: Can a lawyer file a mortgage modification with missing documents to obtain a executor process to seiz property

I was fighting citi mortgage for over 5 years with a dispute in my modification sign contract, the contract states in full detail that I had a full year before their could Do any changes to my sign contact . Before a month was up they raise it, I refuse to pay it, and they foreclosed and we went to... Read more »

Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan answered on Jun 8, 2018

If the bank is attempting to foreclose on your house, you need to get an attorney as soon as possible. Let the lawyer know that what the bank has filed is not a complete copy of the agreement, and they will address that issue for you. if you can't afford an attorney, contact your local Legal... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Bankruptcy for Louisiana on
Q: what are the laws on fileing bankrupcy after foreclosure pprocedures have started
Robert Martin Louque Jr
Robert Martin Louque Jr answered on Aug 19, 2016

You must file your bankruptcy before the sheriff's sale if you are trying to save your home. Louisiana does not really have a right of redemption once the house is sold at sheriff's sale (it exists but only if the bank is the purchaser and there are some unusual additional... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.