Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Maryland International Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law, International Law and Juvenile Law for Maryland on
Q: I’m currently a student in Maryland and my dad left me around 2 years ago and I haven’t know nothing about my case since
Drew Elesh
Drew Elesh answered on May 16, 2020

If you call our office Monday we can get more information and help you. Call 773 679 8613

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and International Law for Maryland on
Q: Need some advice here regarding my father, stepmom and custody that crosses international borders

Stepmom is from England, Son was born here in the US while they were married. They are now separated and stepmom, bro live here in Maryland while my dad is still in Texas. They have no formal custody agreement and divorce papers have not been filed. She doesn't want my father to have contact... Read more »

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg answered on May 16, 2018

The parties interested in custody need to consult Maryland counsel. This issue cannot be competently handled by remote control with an interested, non-custodial step-brother.

Q: I want to file an international patent; what are specific procedures and requirements?
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn answered on Nov 18, 2017

There is not really an international patent. There is a process to file a patent application which serves as the front end for the patent application systems for 152 countries or regions This is a Patent Cooperation Treaty Application (PCT).... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in International Law for Maryland on
Q: Say, an ex girlfriend in Ireland is refusing to return my rightfully owned property back to me in the USA, what to do?

If I were to file a report, where would I do that?

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg answered on Jul 19, 2017

I'd need much more detail to give better advice, but the easy answer is to sue her in Ireland.

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Maryland on
Q: Can an international student with F1 VISA work for in US ? Law abides a student to work only on-campus.
Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts answered on Oct 15, 2015

You can not work without a work authorization, even if you work someone online and you are required to pay taxes for which you will need an SSN, which will only be provided to you if you have a work permit. Again, working without a legal work permit is illegal employment and you could deported for... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.