Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Michigan Entertainment / Sports Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Child Custody and Entertainment / Sports for Michigan on
Q: We are looking to create a will or difference between survivor right vs. will..which is better

We have two children and need to appoint guardianship in the event of our death, as well as distribute our life insurance properly.

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
answered on Mar 27, 2020

It sounds like you are a married couple and your plan of distribution at the first death is "survivor takes all". That being the case, utilizing death beneficiary designations or joint tenancy with survivorship title holding is effective to vest ownership in those assets in the survivor.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports for Michigan on
Q: Am I entitled for a refund?

I booked a birthday party . The party is suppose to be on Sunday March 22nd . I had to put down a non-refundable fee of $100. Now with the state emergency of the COVID-19 situation I had to cancel the event . Parents do not feel safe to bring their children in this kind of environment where... Read more »

Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
answered on Mar 16, 2020

Everyone is feeling your pain. This is new territory for everyone. Under current orders, that business cannot operate. I believe sound business practice would be for them to give you back your $100. However, I'm unsure if they are required to do so. They may well take the position that this... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports for Michigan on
Q: I need a attorney to assist me. Myson was assaulted by a grown up at game with his school. What type of attorney handle

this type of case. He is 15 years old playing with his team. Suffered a concussion, eye bleed, sore back foot. He was dragged.

Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
answered on Aug 23, 2019

You are first and foremost looking at a potential criminal matter. Your first call should be to the local police. If you know the person's identity, you could also look into contacting a civil attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.