Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Banking Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law and Banking for Minnesota on
Q: What is the likelihood of Obtaining a Lein Release with a remaining balance after Mortgage Company goes out of business?

I took out a 2nd mortgage in September of 2007 with Beneficial Loan and Trust. Shortly after this, they went out of business. I tried to make payments and contact them, but my payments were returned and was never able to get a hold of anyone. I waited for documentation of transfer, assumption,... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Jul 19, 2022

More than likely the best course to take is to hire competent MN attorney to file a Quiet Title Action. Lapse of the SOL should be a strong argument that the Mortgage/Deed of Trust should not remain against the real property. You are asking the Court to declare the Lien released.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking and Insurance Defense for Minnesota on
Q: What if a financial insurance accidentally wired you ,$500,000 can you keep it
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 21, 2022

A Minnesota attorney could answer best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Until you have a meaningful consult with a local attorney based on all the details of the matter, nationwide, insurance carriers will usually come back to recover their funds upon discovering bookkeeping errors.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Banking for Minnesota on
Q: My parents made me transfer $20,000 into their account and they will not give it to me. How do I get my money?

I received the $20,000 from a lawsuit when I was 9-10 years old. When I turned 18 (August 2018) I received it and they made me transfer it to them. I went on a 8 month mission trip for my church and now that I am back they will not give it back.

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Jun 10, 2019

Wow. You are a legal adult, so you are able to sue your parents for the return of your money; But I do not recommend trying that until you have exhausted all non-legal alternatives. Call some relatives and ask for their advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Consumer Law and Tax Law for Minnesota on
Q: I had gotten an inheritance in 2011 and havent filed taxes since or worked and Minnesota seized 28k from my bank

Assuming I had 255k of taxable income, but they cleaned me out is there a possible law suit

Eric  Day
Eric Day
answered on Jun 6, 2018

The IRS has the right to file what is called an SFR - substitute for return on your behalf. If they see a substantial amount of income that was reported to them from third-parties, they will likely conduct an audit of your account and force the preparation of a tax return. Once there is an... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.