Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Foreclosure Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Foreclosure for Minnesota on
Q: 98yrd old ww2 Veteran lived in home 71yrs paid payments every month june 5th forcloser sale date have to be out

They cashed his checks every month said dont worry then they demanded it after taking checks hes house is foreclosure sale june 5th they said we need to be out. This is going kill this gu. Seems just wrong saying its okay and cashing his monthly payments???

Richfield Minnesota. Girlfriend... Read more »

Robert Kane
Robert Kane
answered on May 13, 2023

I am sorry, but you don't provide much information. Who is they? Is the 98yrd old ww2 Veteran alive? Who are you?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Minnesota on
Q: Whe a foreclosure results in excess proceeds after sheriff sale in is owner still proper beneficiary of proceeds in Minn

Can a business hire an attorney to take care of the legal or court proceedures if needed to collect in Minnesota if so what percent can they charge for these services

Peter J. Weinman
Peter J. Weinman pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 2, 2023

Yes, a foreclosed homeowner can retain an attorney to recover surplus funds. From my NY perspective, the fee can be anything agreed upon, but one-third is customary here if it's done on a contingent fee basis.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Contracts and Foreclosure for Minnesota on
Q: what are the consequences of just walking away from our motorhome payments we can no longer afford

recent repair bills ...we now owe.more than the value..we have lived full time in this since 2012

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jul 6, 2019

They will sue you, get a judgment, and then pursue you til it is paid if you do nothing.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy and Foreclosure for Minnesota on
Q: Can I ask the trustee to include redemption amount for my house in chapt 13 bky so I can sell it because of equity in

My house was sold at a sheriff sale and the redemption period was almost up when I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy which gave me 60 additional days for redemption. I had several buyers but one signed a purchase agreement and was preapproved with a VA loan, however the VA or company selling the house... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Oct 7, 2018

Yes. But you should consult your own attorney before you do anything.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Minnesota on
Q: Should I agree to quit claim time share instead of foreclosure? Mortgage is paid. Money owed (1800) is for dues.

Both my ex-wife and I are on papers sent by law firm. So both need to sign. However, since divorce we both have different last names than what is on paper work sent by law firm representing time share. Is this an issue? If we do quit claim are we still required to pay $1800.

Michael Hales
Michael Hales
answered on Dec 6, 2017

I imagine that you already have this wrapped up, but just in case I would usually recommend signing if you don't want to be owners anymore. You should not have to pay the $1800 unless it is stipulated in the cancellation agreement.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Minnesota on
Q: Our house hasn't sold after 4 mos and 2 price drops. We face foreclosure if it doesn't sell in 2 mos.

We signed a contract to sell our house 4 months ago. Our realtor has not been very helpful in selling our home (1 open house in 4 months). If we don't sell by the end of October, foreclosure proceedings will start. We've dropped the price twice--a $20K price drop. Nothing is working. Is... Read more »

Joseph A. Gangi
Joseph A. Gangi
answered on Sep 11, 2017

Probably - talk to another realtor

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Minnesota on
Q: If the bank forecloses on your house can they legally only give you 24 hours to be out?

I don't know a lot of the backstory it's just happened to my dad and it didn't sound right.

Joseph A. Gangi
Joseph A. Gangi
answered on Sep 11, 2017

It depends on the backstory. There are certain redemption rights after the sheriff's sale - check the notices your dad received.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Personal Injury and Libel & Slander for Minnesota on
Q: I am disabled an need a MN attorney for financial exploitation, harassment, slander to potential employer, pro bono?

I have a restraining order that has been breached with theft also my new address is now in my abuser's hands.

I was harassed and bullied causing a bogus eviction which was later realized as fraud.

Retaliatory restraining order was filed bold lies in print on court forms.... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Apr 3, 2017

Assuming the person has no money you will have to pay for suing them--there's no source of money for anyone to collect a fee from. However, a womens law center may be able to get you someone who can ask the court to enforce the court order or get a different one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.