Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mississippi Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury and Health Care Law for Mississippi on
Q: went to the ER, and they kept me over night. The next morning I got dressed, and was waiting to be discharged. The

Doctor/nurse came and said I was septic. I told them point blank I wanted to leave, and I would sign my release paperwork. That is when they said sepsis can be fatal. I didnt not think I was.I would have left to get a 2nd opion. So I still declined. That is when they said that is I left my... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 24, 2019

You could initially try to see if the insurance carrier will assist you. Contact your insurance carrier and ask them to work with you to review the file in terms of the timeline of events, your symptoms, and other relevant issues. If they will work with you and review the hospital's bills for... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Mississippi on
Q: I have been terminated by my physician. No reason was given. what are my options?

I have medical conditions that require continued care. Physician states he will be available for urgent care for no more than 30 days. 3 scheduled appointments for these conditions have been cancelled. Including one for blood work.

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon answered on Apr 4, 2018

Your best bet would be to contact an attorney experienced in medical malpractice to discuss your case. Like any relationship, the one between a doctor and their patient may be terminated by either party. The issue in your case is whether there is a continuing duty on the part of the physician to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law, Nursing Home Abuse and Health Care Law for Mississippi on
Q: Is it right to have 2 Cnas on the floor of a nursing home of 57 residents
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon answered on Feb 21, 2018

That’s a tricky question, as it goes to what the standard of duty as it relates to nursing homes and maintaining the safety of its residents. Assuming that there is an allegation of abuse, neglect, or injury, a lawyer would need additional information about the resident, the injury, and the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Health Care Law for Mississippi on
Q: Hello I am a 39 year old male and I was fed neo mull soy baby formula when I was an infant.

This formula caused serious injury and death to many babies.I now have end stage renal disease and also serious mental disorder.I wanted to know if their are any legal actions I may take against the makers of this product now that I am an adult. This formula was made in 1978-1979 by a company... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 5, 2017

It would have to be proven that your renal failure was caused by the formula and no other product, through expert testimony. I don't see it, and then there's the statute of limitations issue, but for you to have some closure why not contact an attorney in your area that offers free... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Mississippi on
Q: can you sue a hospital for Anastomotic leak
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 17, 2017

Depends what happened, how, and what the result is.

Contact a member of the Miss. Assn for Justice that handles medical cases--they give free consultations.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Health Care Law for Mississippi on
Q: Are there any other options on emergency commitment without going through the chancery court? Need help now

Have exhausted all options and need to committ now rather than wait on court proceedings

Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman answered on Feb 9, 2017

I don't see any other options, but consider contacting a local lawyer. Involuntary commitments required an Order of Commitment signed by judge and Patient Information Form.

This law firms says:
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.