Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mississippi Landlord - Tenant Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Mississippi on
Q: What can I do to retrieve my things from the residence were evicted from

Judge granted eviction and the next morning we had to leave and everything we own we had to leave including my 2 month olds clothes blankets formula etc. Everything we own.

Baskin Lowber Jones
Baskin Lowber Jones answered on Feb 1, 2018

Write a letter to the landlord immediately and keep a copy. Ask for a time and place to pick up your things. After a period of time they may be destroyed/disposed of.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Landlord - Tenant and Employment Law for Mississippi on
Q: i recently got a garnishment notice from my employer but i never was served any court papers for the lawsuit

if i got to the court to have my hearing done again can the creditor ask for additional money ?

Randall R. Saxton
Randall R. Saxton answered on Nov 11, 2017

Yes, you could be charged for the creditor’s additional attorney fees if you are found to owe the debt.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Intellectual Property, Municipal Law and Landlord - Tenant for Mississippi on
Q: What legal action can I take against my apartment complex for neighbors disturbing the peace.

I've contacted the property manager and the regional manager and they've been dragging their feet on the issue. The problem has been going on for the past 6 months..

Griffin Klema
Griffin Klema answered on Sep 17, 2017

Depending on what your state's law provides for noise ordinances, nuisances, or disorderly conduct, you may be able to pursue a civil action against the tenants under a theory of "negligence per se."

As for the property owner or management company, they too may be liable...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Real Estate Law, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for Mississippi on
Q: what can I do ab onoxious neighbors and their kids being up and loud and 1am or later?? it's getting out of hand.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 29, 2017

The township or police can be called. It's difficult with neighbors as they can take things personally. I have no magic answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Mississippi on
Q: agreements broken. What type of lawyer do I need to seek counsel from

My husband and I moved a mobile home onto a friend of my husband's. We had made a verbal agreement that we would watch over his land and take care of his horses while he was away. At the time we were given the right and permission from the land owner to do whatever needed to be done to the... Read more »

Robert Gambrell
Robert Gambrell answered on Jul 26, 2015

If you have a long term written lease, then the landlord must abide by the terms of the lease. At the end of the lease, each party has the right to renegotiate the terms and if the parties cannot reach an agreement, the tenant moves out and the landlord has to find another tenant.

If you...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.