Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Montana Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law, Workers' Compensation and Business Law for Montana on
Q: I am owed wages from my previous employer, instead of paying, they've threatened to kill me, can i sue?

I was getting paid by company check, then started being paid in cash. I asked about it and was threatened with physical harm and when i reported the threats my hours were cut and haven't been paid for my last 5 weeks of work. Each time, I'd call I'd be given excuses and then i... Read more »

Kyle Anderson
Kyle Anderson answered on Jun 18, 2020

Hi, the Fair Labor Standards Act requires you to be paid at least the minimum wage for all hours worked. If you worked any overtime, you would also be entitled to that as well. I would reach out to an employment law attorney in your state to discuss options.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Montana on
Q: I worked 2 jobs I got hurt and am rec. Temp partial disability but due to a domestic violence case quit the other job

I quit the other job the job that I got hurt at won't work with my restrictions so I am totally not working but only getting partial temp benefits. Shouldnt i be getting full temp disability benefits?

Bradley Jay Jones
Bradley Jay Jones answered on Sep 21, 2018

This depends on how your employment ended. I suggest you contact a workers' compensation attorney to discuss your case. We are glad to help.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Montana on
Q: i cut my finger at my old job and was taken to Urgent Care to be seen on may 16, 2015.

i received a call at work yesterday, march 9, 2017 from collections saying i had a debt in my name from this visit. when i got my injury report from the doctor, it says in the first line of text that this was to be a workmans comp situation. my former boss was aware of this being a comp claim,... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 12, 2017

Tell the urgent care billing then the collections that you had comp. You should have the workers comp claim number.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Montana on
Q: Is there a set precentage that an attorney can take out of your workmans comp settelment
Bradley Jay Jones
Bradley Jay Jones answered on Apr 10, 2015

Montana state law limits contingency fees to 20% in workers' compensation claims.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.