Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Jersey Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Military Law for New Jersey on
Q: An arrest record for an Article 15 was sent to FBI, what happens after 7 yrs? Does it show for employment in accounting?

During a deployment overseas, there was an incident involving multiple personnel. US Army CID took fingerprints and statements from personnel involved. The charges are shown on an fbi personal rap sheet few years after. There was no court martial. The disposition is only an article 15 ( non... Read more »

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
answered on Feb 15, 2020

An attorney would need much more information to properly answer your question.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law, Contracts and Business Law for New Jersey on
Q: Can I terminate a lease agreement if I am called on military orders (title 32) in the state of NJ?

Can I terminate a lease agreement if I am called on military orders (title 32) in the state of NJ?

Paul J. Riviere
Paul J. Riviere
answered on Sep 19, 2019

If you have orders for either a PCS or a deployment longer than 90 days federal law, will let you terminate your lease. If this is the case just let your landlord know as soon as you can.

2 Answers | Asked in Military Law and Immigration Law for New Jersey on
Q: Hello ! Heres my question i recently found out my girlfriend is undocumented but i want to marry her can i get bah?

We have been together for a year now and she told me that she is undocumented now when i asked her if she wanted to marry me? I really love her and I always gave her everything? Will it mess up my security clearance as well ? Will i get bah based on that she is my dependent ? Will there be any... Read more »

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
answered on May 7, 2017

To prevent issues, you need to retain an experienced immigration attorney. Immigration is a very complex area of law. It is a lot more than merely filling out forms. You need to retain an immigration attorney to handle all immigration proceedings. This prevents errors that can sometimes prove... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Military Law for New Jersey on
Q: I'm in military fiancée has primary residency what restrictions are there from us leaving New Jersey with her daughter

If I am stationed somewhere outside of New Jersey once we are married would we have grounds to fight for primary custody even if the father wants to be in his daughters life

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
answered on Sep 12, 2016

It is not a question that can be simply answered in an online forum. You need to meet with an experienced matrimonial attorney and bring in all your documents to be reviewed, so that you can be given meaningful advice. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Military Law for New Jersey on
Q: I am experiencing dress symptoms from zyprexa and want a lawsuit do you know anyone who takes these lawsuits

I have documented blood results and a I am a veteran who regularly attend the va

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 11, 2016

I assume you've spoken with your doctors and are no longer on it.Much will depend on how long your symptoms last.If by "dress" symptoms you mean depression I doubt that most attorneys would take the case as depression can arise without any drugs and it'd be viritually impossible... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Military Law for New Jersey on
Q: Are you allowed to apply for a us passport as soon as you get your citizenship or is there a wait time?

For example if I get naturalized through military service and get my citizenship, am I allowed to apply for the passport that same day or is there a certain number of years you have to be citizen before applying for a us passport?

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
answered on Jan 3, 2016

Once you get your certificate of citizenship at the ceremony for citizenship, you can immediately apply for a passport in fact they give you the form to get one when you go for your naturalization ceremony. Good Luck

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Juvenile Law and Military Law for New Jersey on
Q: Does enlisting in the Army National Guard at 17 emancipate a child from his parents?

My 17 year old enlisted in the NJ Army National Guard while still in high school. He was splitting his time between my home and his mother's home. He came home from the enlistment ceremony, announced he was emancipated and stated that he wanted to live with his mother only. In this case, I... Read more »

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
answered on Dec 8, 2015

Despite his enlisting in the Army National Guard, he is not automatically emancipated. You need to retain an experienced matrimonial law attorney, who will bring an appropriate motion before the Court. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.