Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma International Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in International Law for Oklahoma on
Q: International Law: can you give me a quick rundown on Convention on the Law Applicable to Contractual Obligation of 1980
Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg answered on Mar 10, 2018

Anyone lawyer who gives you a "quick rundown" on a an international convention is not someone you want to use as a lawyer. The chances of malpractice are a very close approximation of 100%. Have you tried using Wikipedia?

Reading an answer on the Internet does not create an...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in International Law, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: The dept of homeland security took my computer from work and my phone more than two weeks ago.

The agent stopped returning my calls a week ago

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg answered on Feb 23, 2018

This isn't International law. You very likely need an Oklahoma lawyer now. I'm guessing that you need a lawyer with experience in Criminal Defense. And, you need to shut up and stop posting on the Internet until you get one.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, International Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Oklahoma on
Q: How do I file a court order in the US to change my name on my birth certificate if I am now a perm resident of Mexico?

Through marriage and divorce, my name has legally changed from what is on my birth certificate issued by the state of Oklahoma. My legal name on all current identifying documents (US passport, DL, Social Security card) has changed significantly from my birth name. This is a crime in Mexico - to... Read more »

Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean answered on Jan 22, 2018

Since you're a resident out of the country, it gets complicated. Ordinarily a change of name needs to be filed in the County in which the person resides. See 12 OS Sec 1631 , which provides as follows:

Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and International Law for Oklahoma on
Q: This is on a federal level. Is it legal in the United States to steal information from foreign governments?

I was considering a more lucrative line of work but I wanted to 'look before I leap', so to speak, so I don't end up committing a crime or something.

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg answered on Jun 8, 2017

I need much more information to answer your question, but countries have been stealing from other countries at least since Queen Elizabeth I issued letters of marque to Sir Francis Drake. Since those letters of marque, few countries have admitted giving a license to steal, and the US is a signatory... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.