Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I am being blackmailed with a video of sexual nature taken of me at 16.

I have proof of him threatening me directly and through another person. He has harassed me on and off since I dated him a year ago. He harassed me and other girl last night and is not threatening to post said video as a way to keep me quiet about his harassment last night.

Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on Aug 4, 2021

Contact an attorney as well as file a police report regarding the harassment and threats, and consider potentially filing a VPO. There are specific statutes regarding this type of crime and it should be taken seriously.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Florida on
Q: If a Me Too crime was committed by a resident of OK in another state how do statutes of limitations come into play?

If victim wants to file a personal injury claim how does the law work for multiple states and multiple assailants. One assailant is a fugitive in that the person was paid to assault me

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Aug 3, 2021

Your question doesn't make a lot of sense. What is a "Me Too crime"? What state was it committed in? What state will be prosecuting? What does it have to do with Florida? And what would a personal injury claim have to do with a criminal prosecution?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Landlord - Tenant, Sexual Harassment and Tax Law for Ohio on
Q: I have a few questions about eviction and sexual harassment in the workplace and my right to get my taxes back from the

I have a few questions about eviction and the right to get my taxes back from the hotel I was residing in. I think it will be a very easy case , and I was residing at the hotel when I was confronted by the general manager for allegedly soliciting, but I was told to be smart and not to have any... Read more »

James J. Hux
James J. Hux answered on Aug 3, 2021

This doesn’t really sound like an easy case and is complicated. Make sure you contact an employment law attorney as soon as possible to discuss this in more detail. Some will offer free initial consultations.

Attorney James J. Hux

Hux Law Firm LLC

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment on
Q: What is the penalty against sexual assault in a public area in Canada Alberta?

I have a friend that was sexually assaulted last in in august 2020, in Alberta Canada. She is trying to press charges current but it unsure of what to do or say. They were both under the age of 16 when it happened. It was in a public area and there is a textual confession from his including... Read more »

William Jaksa
William Jaksa answered on Jul 30, 2021

Depends where it happened in Alberta, your friend could either call the local police service (i.e. if it happened in Calgary then the Calgary Police Service) OR your friend can call the RCMP at 403-678-5516. The RCMP would be the best first call.

The maximum sentence for sexual assault in...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Employment Discrimination and Sexual Harassment for Iowa on
Q: can someone get fired for an affair?

with a coworker both subjects are married union job that is salary

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer answered on Jul 28, 2021

Generally, yes - there is nothing unlawful about firing an employee for having an affair with a coworker.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: how to write appellants opening brief/ eng. barrrier personal injury./breach of contract 80 % senior citizen disable

first atty delay more than two years never contract clients /call jury trial court hearing coming don;t want continue rep. clients/ will referral new subs attorney / after subs attorney also delay never return call push to meidiation forcebily accept than subs cash money slipt 40 % with first... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 23, 2021

more info and clearer info is needed.

it sounds like you are trying to do a legal malpractice case against your lawyer/s???

i don't handle that type of case.

you should consider contacting legal aid in the town in which you live.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: Will my ex husband get in trouble for posting my nudes

My ex husband has been threatening me for the past couple of months to post my nudes and he finally did. Mind you my ex is a police officer so he knows the law. He even threatened to get paid advertisements so that way he could make money off of it. He was hoping that I hurt myself due to him... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 15, 2021

yes, he will get in trouble if you contact his Captain and suggest you had been advised to meet with the press...............i am not advising this without all the info but it is an avenue to consider

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: What can I legally do if someone sends themselves naked photos of me without my consent?
Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Jul 11, 2021

Talk to the Police and an attorney!

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Sexual Harassment for Florida on
Q: Would it count as kidnapping if I picked them up a friend in an abusive household and kept them safe in another place.

father is a rapist and physical/mental abuser, mother physically/emotionally abuser. Police have been called on numerous occasions and have done nothing. Mother has "kicked out" my friend and called police stating that they ran away. Threaten to kill if police or cps is called. Cps has... Read more »

Tami Lane Augen
Tami Lane Augen answered on Jul 4, 2021

This is a difficult question if DCF is not taking any action. It is unclear who called DCF. Your friend can call the abuse hotline herself. She can also continue to call. Your friend can contact the authorities herself as well. Further, your friend may want to reach out to another trusted... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Louisiana on
Q: I kissed a girl non consensually. What kind of trouble can I get in?

She was 17 at the time and I was 18. She didn’t want to kiss but I kissed her. After that I stopped and nothing else happened. A little under a year prior when we were both 17 I kissed her with her consent. The second time I did it when I was 18 and she was 17 she said she didn’t want a kiss. I... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Jul 1, 2021

She's just not that into you. Stay away from her. Nothing will happen to you.

2 Answers | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Civil Rights for California on
Q: I was in custody and had sexual relations with a staff at the jail and she was terminated and I was harassed

The other party was fired for having relations with me and I was harassed by officers while I was in custody along the lines of sexual harassment and misconduct

William John Light
William John Light answered on Jun 30, 2021

You may have claims against the staff and the jail. Contact a knowledgeable attorney to discuss.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: Will I be sued for revealing someone for sending me email with sexual harrasment?

I got an email from stranger with texts that make me sexually insulted. I found this person's facebook account by searching the sender's email. Will I be sued for tagging this person with the screenshot of insulting email I got? Or can I report this person to the police?

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Jun 19, 2021

If the email you received was a criminal act, such as conveying pictures of pornography involving minors, or porn sent to you as a minor, then reporting it to the police would be he best move. If not, simply block the email address as junk mail and move on. Trying to punish or retaliate will... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Florida on
Q: If a criminal was recorded without his knowledge but it's the only proof of the crime, can it still be used in court?

As an example: a teacher was accused of having an inapropriate relationship with an underage student. There is no proof in text messaging, emails, etc. but there are recordings that the student took without the teacher's knowledge. Would the recordings hold up in court, or could the recording... Read more »

Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro answered on Jun 16, 2021

The issue is not whether the student may be penalized…I think that you may be missing the big picture. The real issue is does the defendant have a privacy expectation from the secret recording of their alleged illegal behaviors?

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Sexual Harassment and White Collar Crime for California on
Q: Can I plead 5th

If I lied when calling cops about dv about some of the other questions they asked (has he ever done this or that) and said yes and now i got a subpoena to be at court can I plead the 5th? I mean I read they can charge you if you lied.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jun 14, 2021

lying to the police is not a good thing.

you should discuss your plight with a criminal lawyer, at a consultation, asap.

many DV victims later say they lied, so the odds are that the police and DA will not believe you.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: If I reported sexual harassment to my HR and she sent me back to the office to work with him can I sue for distress?

I live in California. I reported him and had video proof of him taking up skirt photos of me. instead of sending me to a separate room or home she sent me back to office where we were only a few feet apart. I hid under my desk because I was afraid to face him and wasn’t sure if HR was going to... Read more »

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Jun 8, 2021

The answer to your question depends on what happened after you were sent back to work in the same room. If no further harassment occurred, there is likely no violation of the law. The employer does not have to transfer or terminate an employee accused of harassment if the employer can prevent... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence, Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Tennessee on
Q: If somebody knows daughter get molested multiple times and hasn’t done anything what can victim’s mother be charged with

Her mother has known about the interactions and has done nothing she invites older men over She put drugs in her daughters mouth she takes naked pictures of her daughter and she hasn’t done anything about her daughter get molested

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills answered on Jun 3, 2021

The mother could be charged with multiple crimes. Reporting abuse can be anonymous and should be reported to the Tennessee Department of Children's Services immediately at 877-237-0004.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Civil Rights for Ohio on
Q: How can I find an attorney to represent me as the plaintiff in a sexual harassment/ hostile environment case?

It is against my landlord, who has admitted to his actions when interviewed by FHA.

Robert D. Erney
Robert D. Erney answered on May 25, 2021

Please feel free to call me to discuss your case. Rob Erney. 614-258-6100

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Texas on
Q: Should I take a long planned flight to Mexico from Houston if I just found out a warrant may be issued while i'm gone?

I have round trip tickets and plan on only being gone for 4 days (this is a vacation trip) and returning to Houston promptly.

Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace answered on May 22, 2021

I have had clients arrested on warrants in the Houston airport. The arrests created problems for both the client and their traveling companions. It would be wise to hire a local criminal defense attorney to clear the warrant before your trip.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Ohio on
Q: What is the scope that 163.433 punishable by?
Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp answered on May 19, 2021

Did you intend this to be posted in Ohio? There is no such Ohio statute.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption, Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: If my girlfriend has an open cps case against her parents can they give their parental rights to my grandmother?

She is 16, I am 17, and my grandma has already talked to the social worker and said that would work, but her parents just now decided they would go through with it and I dont know if they will hold onto that. So if they do then how long would it take before my girlfriend lives with my grandma? If... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on May 18, 2021


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.