Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Pennsylvania on
Q: Is doctor putting arms around me on exam table, puts his hands under my shirt/ panties and kissing me sexual assault?

My doctor asked if my back was sore and I said yes because I hunch and do have big breasts. The doctor proceeded to our his arms around me and put his hands under my shirt and massaged me then proceeded down my back under my panties. He was pressed against me and I could feel his penis. I told him... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 13, 2021

You were assaulted. He committed a harmful or offensive touching which is also a battery. You can file against him. You also have a civil claim.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Sexual Harassment for Kentucky on
Q: I was abused as a child I'm now an adult how do I access those records

This was from 1981how do I find out what happened?

Leland Hulbert
Leland Hulbert answered on Sep 3, 2021

Are you talking about Court records, police records or medical records? For Court records I will go to the county circuit court clerks office and they may be able to find the records or get you some case information.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Sexual Harassment for New York on
Q: My boss of 5 years is now insisting I sign a form agreeing he can go through my phone when he wants .

I took a picture of my foot in a company car and for the first time in years it for some reason was an issue to him. Literally my own foot . Could not identify anything else, riding a half hour to a location for work. He also regularly harasses me and makes inappropriate comments making me fear... Read more »

V. Jonas Urba
V. Jonas Urba answered on Aug 31, 2021

Are you working off the clock? Unpaid overtime for answering calls, texts, emails? He might owe you for up to 6 years of unpaid wages. You could insist on being paid for all that time and firing you for that would be retaliation.

Have you considered telling him that you find his behavior...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Illinois on
Q: im writing due to the fact that i have been harrased at work and it is now very hostile work place

the manager used spanish to describe the job details. i only speak english i asked a few times to explain the job in english, i was not properly trained and i have heard them used foul racial slurs

Charles Candiano
Charles Candiano answered on Aug 16, 2021

You need to ask a question. Entry level jobs are plentiful and many employers are offering incentives. If this is a new, entry-level position, move on. If racial hostility or hostility against non-Spanish-speaking people is obvious, you may wish to seek a Right to sue letter from the EEOC but... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Sexual Harassment for Pennsylvania on
Q: Ola eu sou brasileira estou precisando urgentemente de um advogado alguem pode me ajudar? sei um pouco de spanhol

Id* 213596061

Caitlin Costello Faye
Caitlin Costello Faye answered on Aug 16, 2021

Olá, ficaria feliz em ligar para você e ver se podemos ajudar! Deixe-nos saber como podemos entrar em contato com você.

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Ohio on
Q: So my father had a sting operation set on him. The charges are below.

State: Ohio


Soliciting a minor

Child solicitation by electronic communication device


He went an hour away to meet the girl(underage)

And the mom. He was gonna pay $100

Is he doing jail time?

How long if so

Anything I should know

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams answered on Aug 6, 2021

Your father needs to sit down privately with an attorney to discuss this matter ASAP. This is a serious slate of charges which could lead to a number of consequences including prison time.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Texas on
Q: What if the person did not commit the crime he is accused of
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Aug 6, 2021

The person enters a plea of not guilty and demands a trial by jury. The person will only be convicted if the prosecutor can prove every element of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt at trial. The jury must be unanimous in their decision.

The better the attorney representing the...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment, Internet Law and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I am being blackmailed with a video of sexual nature taken of me at 16.

I have proof of him threatening me directly and through another person. He has harassed me on and off since I dated him a year ago. He harassed me and other girl last night and is not threatening to post said video as a way to keep me quiet about his harassment last night.

Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on Aug 4, 2021

Contact an attorney as well as file a police report regarding the harassment and threats, and consider potentially filing a VPO. There are specific statutes regarding this type of crime and it should be taken seriously.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Florida on
Q: If a Me Too crime was committed by a resident of OK in another state how do statutes of limitations come into play?

If victim wants to file a personal injury claim how does the law work for multiple states and multiple assailants. One assailant is a fugitive in that the person was paid to assault me

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Aug 3, 2021

Your question doesn't make a lot of sense. What is a "Me Too crime"? What state was it committed in? What state will be prosecuting? What does it have to do with Florida? And what would a personal injury claim have to do with a criminal prosecution?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Landlord - Tenant, Sexual Harassment and Tax Law for Ohio on
Q: I have a few questions about eviction and sexual harassment in the workplace and my right to get my taxes back from the

I have a few questions about eviction and the right to get my taxes back from the hotel I was residing in. I think it will be a very easy case , and I was residing at the hotel when I was confronted by the general manager for allegedly soliciting, but I was told to be smart and not to have any... Read more »

James J. Hux
James J. Hux answered on Aug 3, 2021

This doesn’t really sound like an easy case and is complicated. Make sure you contact an employment law attorney as soon as possible to discuss this in more detail. Some will offer free initial consultations.

Attorney James J. Hux

Hux Law Firm LLC

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment on
Q: What is the penalty against sexual assault in a public area in Canada Alberta?

I have a friend that was sexually assaulted last in in august 2020, in Alberta Canada. She is trying to press charges current but it unsure of what to do or say. They were both under the age of 16 when it happened. It was in a public area and there is a textual confession from his including... Read more »

William Jaksa
William Jaksa answered on Jul 30, 2021

Depends where it happened in Alberta, your friend could either call the local police service (i.e. if it happened in Calgary then the Calgary Police Service) OR your friend can call the RCMP at 403-678-5516. The RCMP would be the best first call.

The maximum sentence for sexual assault in...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Employment Discrimination and Sexual Harassment for Iowa on
Q: can someone get fired for an affair?

with a coworker both subjects are married union job that is salary

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer answered on Jul 28, 2021

Generally, yes - there is nothing unlawful about firing an employee for having an affair with a coworker.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: how to write appellants opening brief/ eng. barrrier personal injury./breach of contract 80 % senior citizen disable

first atty delay more than two years never contract clients /call jury trial court hearing coming don;t want continue rep. clients/ will referral new subs attorney / after subs attorney also delay never return call push to meidiation forcebily accept than subs cash money slipt 40 % with first... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 23, 2021

more info and clearer info is needed.

it sounds like you are trying to do a legal malpractice case against your lawyer/s???

i don't handle that type of case.

you should consider contacting legal aid in the town in which you live.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: Will my ex husband get in trouble for posting my nudes

My ex husband has been threatening me for the past couple of months to post my nudes and he finally did. Mind you my ex is a police officer so he knows the law. He even threatened to get paid advertisements so that way he could make money off of it. He was hoping that I hurt myself due to him... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Jul 15, 2021

yes, he will get in trouble if you contact his Captain and suggest you had been advised to meet with the press...............i am not advising this without all the info but it is an avenue to consider

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: What can I legally do if someone sends themselves naked photos of me without my consent?
Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on Jul 11, 2021

Talk to the Police and an attorney!

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Sexual Harassment for Florida on
Q: Would it count as kidnapping if I picked them up a friend in an abusive household and kept them safe in another place.

father is a rapist and physical/mental abuser, mother physically/emotionally abuser. Police have been called on numerous occasions and have done nothing. Mother has "kicked out" my friend and called police stating that they ran away. Threaten to kill if police or cps is called. Cps has... Read more »

Tami Lane Augen
Tami Lane Augen answered on Jul 4, 2021

This is a difficult question if DCF is not taking any action. It is unclear who called DCF. Your friend can call the abuse hotline herself. She can also continue to call. Your friend can contact the authorities herself as well. Further, your friend may want to reach out to another trusted... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Louisiana on
Q: I kissed a girl non consensually. What kind of trouble can I get in?

She was 17 at the time and I was 18. She didn’t want to kiss but I kissed her. After that I stopped and nothing else happened. A little under a year prior when we were both 17 I kissed her with her consent. The second time I did it when I was 18 and she was 17 she said she didn’t want a kiss. I... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Jul 1, 2021

She's just not that into you. Stay away from her. Nothing will happen to you.

2 Answers | Asked in Sexual Harassment and Civil Rights for California on
Q: I was in custody and had sexual relations with a staff at the jail and she was terminated and I was harassed

The other party was fired for having relations with me and I was harassed by officers while I was in custody along the lines of sexual harassment and misconduct

William John Light
William John Light answered on Jun 30, 2021

You may have claims against the staff and the jail. Contact a knowledgeable attorney to discuss.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: Will I be sued for revealing someone for sending me email with sexual harrasment?

I got an email from stranger with texts that make me sexually insulted. I found this person's facebook account by searching the sender's email. Will I be sued for tagging this person with the screenshot of insulting email I got? Or can I report this person to the police?

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Jun 19, 2021

If the email you received was a criminal act, such as conveying pictures of pornography involving minors, or porn sent to you as a minor, then reporting it to the police would be he best move. If not, simply block the email address as junk mail and move on. Trying to punish or retaliate will... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Florida on
Q: If a criminal was recorded without his knowledge but it's the only proof of the crime, can it still be used in court?

As an example: a teacher was accused of having an inapropriate relationship with an underage student. There is no proof in text messaging, emails, etc. but there are recordings that the student took without the teacher's knowledge. Would the recordings hold up in court, or could the recording... Read more »

Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro answered on Jun 16, 2021

The issue is not whether the student may be penalized…I think that you may be missing the big picture. The real issue is does the defendant have a privacy expectation from the secret recording of their alleged illegal behaviors?

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.