Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Carolina Land Use & Zoning Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Estate Planning, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for South Carolina on
Q: can you QuitClaim Deed property to Trust? & if the lender wants pay-in-full but you have nothing else of value left...

what happens when you do a QuitClaim Deed of property over to a Private Common Law Irrevocable Ecclesiastic Trust? If the person’s name is on the recorded Deed as owner… meaning legal owner of the property, having a legal interest in the property referring to the right to possess or use... Read more »

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Nov 15, 2021

Transferring property to a trust does not magically remove security interests. If the loan goes into default due to lack of payment, the lender may foreclose its lien.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Land Use & Zoning and Municipal Law for South Carolina on
Q: We sold 3 lands, sign a sell agreement and get payed. now the buyer wants to back up the deal beuse he say thye land has
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Sep 30, 2021

Not sure of your question. But if there was a breach of warranties on the Warranty Deed, or some type of dislosure fraud, then a cause of action may exist. It is up to the buyer, now owner, to sue you. If there has not been a Deed executed yet, then read your Contract about each Parties'... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.