Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Dakota Contracts Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Personal Injury, Real Estate Law and Civil Rights for South Dakota on
Q: We live in a 3 bed 3 bath apartment in vermillion SD. Another roommate and I have ESAS(2catts). No pets allowed complex

Landlords can't charge for ESA. In the contract it states if there's damages at the end of the year we pay for pee test(black light), carpet cleaning, and ventilation system cleaning. It's a really expensive bill. Our landlords are a wife and husband. They're shady and... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 9, 2021

A South Dakota attorney should advise, but your question remains open for four weeks. You could try reposting and adding Landlord-Tenant as a category. There's no guarantee that all questions are ultimately picked up, but you might have better chances of a reply in that category. You could... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy and Contracts for South Dakota on
Q: What kind of lawyer would I need because the person that leases farm land hasn't paid rent and has filed chapter 11
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jul 10, 2018

Bankruptcy attorney who does creditors rights and Chapter 11.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for South Dakota on
Q: What U.S. law/case can I look into about the validity of verbal agreements?
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 14, 2015

As a start, you can look up the "statute of frauds" for your particular state. Talk to a local business or contracts lawyer about your specific situation.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for South Dakota on
Q: Is there any legal recourse against a vacation management company that backs out of a deal after s deposit was paid?

IThe dates were available according to the online registration. We reserved the room for three nights and paid the deposit. The next morning we received an email from the management company saying that there was an overbooking issue. The dates were available according to the online registration.... Read more »

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Jul 14, 2015

It is unclear what, if any, damages you suffered since you got your money back within 24 hours.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for South Dakota on
Q: What are 2 kinds of remedies for breaking of a contract
Paul Overhauser
Paul Overhauser answered on Nov 30, 2010

Damages, and under some circumstances, specific performance. Recision may also be a "remedy," though it is more like make the contract null and void.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.