Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Tennessee Lemon Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Lemon Law for Tennessee on
Q: Can we make a dealer repair or replace a bad 5th wheel camper (used)?

Purchased a used 5th wheel camper from a dealer. Got it home and slide-out malfunctioned. Went out crooked, woud not go back in straight. Paid someone to come get it in straight. He found a bent slide rail and gears with evidence of previous damage.

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
answered on Jul 13, 2022

Depends on whether you purchased "as is" or with or without a warranty. And maybe whether they knew about the problem and intentionally covered it up.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Real Estate Law, Civil Rights and Lemon Law for Tennessee on
Q: Hello, we just bought a house from someone who “flipped” it after it was foreclosed on & we found lot of mold covered up

We have several walls down due to mold and the floor and ceiling in some areas along with our roof in need of mending to prevent it from coming back this is costing us a lot of money and has been very unsafe for my family we would like to take action against them but are unsure of what kind of... Read more »

Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.
answered on Aug 9, 2020

You can probably find a general practice attorney who will take the case. Of importance to your case will be the representations made by the seller and whether you received a warranty or bought it "as is." One of their defenses will be whether you had a property inspection or not.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Lemon Law for Tennessee on
Q: I did a voluntary repo my used car that was in the shop more than my drive way they say i owe 14000 what can i do

I purchased a used car from drivetime. After about 4 months I started having problems. 3 batteries 2 alternators and a transmission later the car still did not run properly. It would turn on when it wanted to the the gear shift would not stay in drive it pops out while your driving. The transition... Read more »

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
answered on Aug 12, 2019

You may still be able to redeem the vehicle. But if you did a voluntary repo without first seeking other redress from drivetime, then you would still owe the lien holder any outstanding balance after a commercially reasonable sale. You may still have options but you would need to see a local... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Lemon Law for Tennessee on
Q: Can I take someone to court for fraudulent information on selling a vehicle and no title at time of sale?

If I bought a vehicle "as is" but immediately have starting problems (3rd day)followed by being towed and now been confirmed my engine needs replacement after just a few weeks. Now I have no vehicle and seller wont do nothing about the situation. Also since time of sale I'm still... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Apr 23, 2019

A Tennessee Court has no Jurisdiction. Hire a Kentucky attorney to get a violation against his Dealer's License for failing to transfer Title filed with the State. Or possibly get a Warrant issued for the Statute related to the same. The Mechanical stuff is solely a civil issue with... Read more »

Q: Can i get a general dismissal release thrown out he lied to get me to sign it. based on what the car lot owner said?

He said he fixed it. He made it a worse problem and now I had no headlights. But he gave it back an I payed truck note an insurance by friday night. Court was Thursday. He repoed it Saturday stating it was him exercising his right not to sell it to me. I havent been able work lost jobs an now... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 29, 2016

Not sure what is going on here and who the person is. Suggest you contact a consumer attorney go to

However they won't be able to do anyhing for your financial situation immediately so you need to develop a plan to meet your needs to get to work, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.