Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Utah Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Utah on
Q: I am US Citizen, I have a spouse and I want to marry some one in India. Can I apply for my 2nd wife I-130?

I need to have 2nd wife. I there is any law in Utah to have two wives?

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga answered on Nov 11, 2020

Immigration is a federal statute, and bigamy is illegal in the US.

2 Answers | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Utah on
Q: Wondering if starting a website geared to provide information about state boards and their licensing processes is legal?

I am about to launch a website that will help Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners get the information they need/want to help with the medical license processes. I have been working at a medical staffing firm for a while and I have some great inside knowledge about these processes, but I... Read more »

Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor answered on Mar 29, 2019


I like what you are doing. If your question is whether or not you are committing some sort of crime by posting information regarding how to get licensed, the answer is no. Even if your information is false, there is no crime to publishing false information although it would be highly...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Utah on
Q: Can the police go inside a home to do a welfare check even if they arrest the person who owns the home?

Someone called the police saying my friends & his gf were arguing. When police arrived my friend was in his front yard, not upset not fighting with anyone, he saw the officer and asked him how his day was. My friend stayed on his property and the officer approached and told him of the dv call... Read more »

Aric M. Cramer
Aric M. Cramer answered on Jul 22, 2018

Well they can because they did. The issue is the condemnation of the home. You will need to contact a real estate attorney who is familiar with this area to get a specific legal opinion.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Contracts, Employment Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Utah on
Q: Can you get sued if you are from a different country? Also, can chat messages serve as an emplyment contract?
Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor answered on Jun 8, 2018


You can get sued if you are from a different country barring diplomatic immunity, but for the common traveler/tourist, yes you can be sued as long as you meet the minimum contacts in the states. The main question on this is Jurisdiction and service of process. An analysis would fill...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Personal Injury and Employment Discrimination for Utah on
Q: Timing on filing a federal TORT CLAIM. Have a final decision pending with the board of THE MSPB.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 22, 2018

You want to consult a member of the Utah Assn for Justice that handles federal employment claims. They give free consultations. The notice of investigation you received from the Board should have that information on it.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Utah on
Q: What is the difference between state indictment and federal indictment?

Any differences in the processes to achieve the indictment or are the essentially the same just at the state and federal level?

Aric M. Cramer
Aric M. Cramer answered on Jan 7, 2018

Outside of the obvious that one is for State Court and one is for Federal Court, is there a deeper meaning to this question?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Elder Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Utah on
Q: While the V. A. Hub and fidicuary stole my estate. The owner of a mortuary quoted me a price of 1800-$1900 for funeral.

The owner asked if I, surviving spose, open or closed, I said closed. It was open w/smile on face. The cost of funeral was 2 thousand more.

Aric M. Cramer
Aric M. Cramer answered on Nov 25, 2017

You need a consumer protection attorney. If you think a crime has been committed you need to call the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.