Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Vermont Car Accidents Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Vermont on
Q: What happen if a driver is in a hit and run no damage is done to the car that was hit the car stopped but the other didn

what happens if a driver is in a hit and run, no damage is done to the car that was hit, very minimal damage is done to the car that hit the other car. When the driver stopped the car that was hit did not stop, and now people are looking for the driver of the car that hit the car

Tristan  Larson
Tristan Larson
answered on Feb 23, 2021

Generally, if no damage is done and no one is injured, there's not much more to do in this circumstance. Vermont requires that drivers report crashes though if there is $3,000 worth of damage or someone is injured. Even if the damage is less than that, the at-fault driver's insurance... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Vermont on
Q: i'm a minor, I was wondering if i just won money from a law suit how can I make sure nothing gets stolen from my family.

I was left out of most conversations about where my money was put into. And pretty much all conversations about my lawsuit that was settled. This specific lawsuit took 2 years too finish.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Sep 11, 2019

Someone was representing you and has a fiduciary duty to you. They must explain, give you documentation. An attorney has additional duties.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Vermont on
Q: How can I get this man to pay for damaging my vehicle?

An old friend of mine claimed I ran over his foot, (at approximately 1 mile an hour). He has no damage to his foot whatsoever. Out of anger 20 seconds after that happened, he purposely kicked a gigantic dent into my vehicle. I want him to pay for it, but he refuses to. How can I go about doing... Read more »

John M DeProspo
John M DeProspo
answered on Jun 14, 2015

Old friend? You could sue him in small claims court but don't be surprised if he counter-sues you for his injury.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.