Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Arbitration / Mediation Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington on
Q: 5 yr relationship. He cheated & kicked me out. No money but many woman hours into the place heard he bought for me.

Can this fall under the division of a close intimate relationship? If so, is there an attorney willing to help me? I was left homeless and broke on lni. He hired an attorney and fabricated a lie to have me removed. I spent many hours over the past 5 years working on the property we lived in and the... Read more »

Stacie Lynn Naczelnik
Stacie Lynn Naczelnik answered on Oct 15, 2021

It might, but you should probably consult with an attorney who can advise you on whether your circumstances meet the requirements for a Committed Intimate Relationship in WA.

1 Answer | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington on
Q: Diminished value calculation in Washington state

I bought new 2015 Lincoln MKT 12/17 complete with 4 years warranty. No fault to me but t-boned by teenager when my new car only had 2000 miles on 2/14/18. Extensive damage cost over $10,000 in repair.. How do I calculate diminished value to settle this claim?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on May 9, 2020

A Washington attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. As a general matter, the property damage adjuster will do that. They'll visit the car in your shop and work up an estimate based on parts and labor. Unfortunately, many states apply statutory thresholds (which... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Business Law and Contracts for Washington on
Q: Hello, I was wondering if I can opt-out of an arbitration clause in a contract if there is no option to opt-out.
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 29, 2019

No. If you are offered a contract that includes a term requiring arbitration in case of any disputes you can either agree to arbitrate disputes--and sign it--or disagree and not sign it.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.