Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Foreclosure Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: How could misapplied mortgage payments found after an agreed tpp be rectified on borrowers behalf?

I found a payment that was applied to principal curtailment that in turn caused late fees and missed payments. Other fees down the road could the error change the outcome of where i am now?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jul 18, 2019

Yes. Dispute it on your credit report and with the lender. You should get on this ASAP bc it can materially affect your credit rating.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Washington on
Q: My husband and I divorced 7 yrs ago. I moved out while he stayed in our house that was near foreclosure.

I signed the house over to him in the divorce paper(s). I say paper, bcuz it was just 1 signature on said topic.

However my question is wouldnt I need to sign on the actual foreclosure documents also??? Since purchasing the house required a phone books worth of signatures.

I felt... Read more »

Greg Freeze
Greg Freeze answered on Mar 5, 2019

Here is a likely scenario of events. You were served, somehow, with the Summons and Complaint. How you got served can vary. You can find out how the bank's attorneys said you got served by looking at the court paperwork, found at the court in the county where the property resides.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Civil Rights and Energy, Oil and Gas for Washington on
Q: How can I find a civil rights pro Bono attorney when municipal and district are my enemy and I'm indigent?

I'm a homeowner who is now homeless with an arrest record and public deffimation of character mearly because a city wants their water plan and new road built, without care for those less fortunate

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jun 29, 2018

Local or state bar association.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure, Real Estate Law and Bankruptcy for Washington on
Q: Can I file ch 13 or 7 during foreclosure on a reverse mortgage? Mediation is in 2 days, trustee sale is in 4.

My mom was prey to a predatory loan. Shortly after her husband of 35 years passed, she was talked into a reverse mortgage, and told she wouldn't have to worry about anything. When I came into the picture, they had paid for 3 years. I tried to get her exempt from property taxes every 6... Read more »

Nels Hansen
Nels Hansen answered on Feb 2, 2017

You need to contact a local bankruptcy attorney and schedule a consultation as soon as possible. If you are facing foreclosure and if it is appropriate you want to file the bankruptcy before the foreclosure sale. Once the foreclosure sale takes place your options will be limited if not gone... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.