Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Employment Law for Washington on
Q: Do I have grounds to sue for defamation of character?

Last year false allegations were made about me and they were determined unfounded by police. I recently quit a job to take another and discovered that the coworkers who had made the false allegations last year worked there. I called my employer and explained what had happened last year. I was then... Read more »

Brad S Kane
Brad S Kane
answered on Oct 24, 2021

I am sorry this happened to you. You may have a claim for defamation. Please keep in mind you that the employer may not want to get involved and even deny stating the reason for withdrawing the offer. You should attempt to confirm it in writing in a text or email. In addition, you should... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Legal Malpractice and Libel & Slander for Washington on
Q: It took nearly 20 years to figure it out is it to late to start a tort lawsuit?

Washington State

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 5, 2020

Only a Washington attorney could advise about statutes of limitations, but your question remains open for two weeks. That's a long time in any jurisdiction. Statutes of limitations are governed by state law and can vary by the cause of action - and you posted across several categories. As a... Read more »

4 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Civil Litigation, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Washington on
Q: A friend who is 17 of my daughters was driving her car and began excessively speeding real fast and there were 5 people

In the car and they all were pleading with him to slow down over and over but he refused to listen and he flipped the car and my daughter almost died and her friend was also hurt is it his responsibility to pay for damages?

Robert C. Hahn III
Robert C. Hahn III
answered on Jun 16, 2020

I'm a Washington lawyer not an Oregon lawyer. The laws are likely different between the states. But you should go consult with a personal injury attorney in the state the accident took place as soon as you can, even if it is just over the phone. Your situation will likely have multiple... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Washington on
Q: hurt on job in Alaska,had shoulder surgery on right shoulder,still hurt workers comp.quit paying and says not resp.

company says not responsible for any futher medical bills because I had pre-existing injury in 1991and had 6/7 cervical fused and hadn't had any problem until loader slid on the ice and flew off the road through the air.needing advice because i'm permantly dis-abled now.can pick up 5 lbs... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 11, 2020

I'm sorry for your ordeal. This is something a workers' comp attorney should advise on, not a personal injury attorney. You could try reposting under workers' comp; if you do not receive a response, you could reach out to WC attorneys listed here or ones you find independently on... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Washington on
Q: I was poked with a hypodermic needle in a public sherries restaurant bathroom that was in a toilet seat cover Dispe
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 10, 2020

I'm sorry this happened to you. There wasn't a question here, but if you're wondering whether this gives rise to a legal claim, it would depend on your ability to demonstrate negligence. You could consult with a Washington attorney to discuss in greater detail. Many attorneys who... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for Washington on
Q: If a company I worked for said I did something which resulted in me and daughter being attacked is that slander

The employee plead guilty to a felony and the company admitted that they lied about having me on video to a family member.

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
answered on Jan 10, 2019

How were you attacked? What kind of felony? The company lied about what? What kind of slander did you suffer? More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Landlord - Tenant for Washington on
Q: Recording private conversation and who must I allow in my home.

I knew daughter's unemployed boyfriend would be a problem so I made a very simple 1 page agreement with her that she only, could live in my Seattle condo, and pay just half the normal rent. When I would come from out of state to work on condo as planned, I was never allowed in because boy... Read more »

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
answered on Dec 26, 2018

Even if your daughter is breaching your contract by allowing others to live there, there is legal process for evictions that must be followed. A landlord cannot enter a unit at will. As for being recorded in someone's home, see:... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for Washington on
Q: Very troublesome issue, slanderous rumors.

EX husband of an ex gf is spreading rumors in the very small town of coupeville wa. He's telling anyone who will listen that I'm a pedophile, peeping tom, stalker, anything regarding that issue.

None of this is true, not a shread of this is has one bit of merit. Now, people whom... Read more »

Brian Lehman
Brian Lehman
answered on Jan 17, 2017

Here is a list of lawyers near you. I would reach out to one of them and schedule and appointment:

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Employment Law for Washington on
Q: Can I hold my old boss the hotel and Wyndham Corp.liable for my boss lieng to police leading to my arrest and term.

The GM of the hotel lied to police I was arrested fired evicted from my on site apt she did this so she could employ her husband I lost everything became homeless my life is a mess

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jun 29, 2016

Talk to an employment law specialist--there are a number in Philadelphia. This does sound like there are problematic aspects, but most give free consultations so ask for one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.