Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
West Virginia Immigration Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for West Virginia on
Q: If I marry someone from the UK then come back to the US for a year to finish my degree, what visas would we need to get?

He lives in the UK (Northern Ireland) now, the wedding would likely be there next summer. I’m from the US and would be halfway through my Masters program (only one year left until it’s finished). After I finish my degree we would move to the UK.

I’m trying to figure out what visa I... Read more »

Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
answered on Jul 31, 2019

That is best answered at an appointment with competent and experienced immigration attorneys. There are two sets of laws, one U.K. immigration law and the other U.S. immigration law. Most nations require conditional/permanent resident/landed immigrant status before you can seek citizenship by... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for West Virginia on
Q: Husband had his interview and now under AP need more documents proving real marriage what can we do?

We have provided pictures and 300 pages of messages and calls from Viber and screen shots from skye and letters from family about our relationship

Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts
answered on Jan 25, 2016

Without knowing the specifics of the case it is not very easy to tell you what document might increase your chances. Do you have an attorney? if not this is the time to get one, or just consult with one and explain your situation and find out if there is a way to improve the chances of approval.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for West Virginia on
Q: Im an american my wife isnt. we dont live in america but are trying to move there. what do we need to do?

We go married in West Virginia and have legal marriage status in America. But after getting married we have not lived in America. We live abroad and she has never lived in America. Now we are planning to move to America and are unsure of what we need to do. I need to get a job and sponsor her,... Read more »

Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
answered on Jun 15, 2015

Seek for opinions from an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.