Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wisconsin Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers
Q: denie workman comp for my arm. now fired because of it.

I was a stay at home father for three years. So once my 4yr old son started school. I decided to for back to work in my field of management. I started a job at gordmans retail store with is owned by a big company called Stage Store. Well I hurt me left arm back in October and have been seen by many... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Mar 16, 2020

This is a complex and fact-intensive scenario that you would need to discuss with an attorney to receive any kind of meaningful direction. Your post remains open for four weeks, but one option you could consider is to contact a Wisconsin workers' comp attorney to discuss the denial of the WC... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Wisconsin on
Q: Hello my name is Jesse I was started on fire with break cleaner by my boss and a co worker no one wanted to help me

I left message after message with osha and lawyers but no one would help me I was started on fire with break cleaner and told the owner of the company and then I was let go just after (January of 2017)

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jan 2, 2020

I'm sorry for the ordeal you went through here. Unfortunately, considerable time has elapsed since these things took place. That might be the primary reason your post remains open all this time. You could try to arrange a brief consult with a Wisconsin attorney to discuss what could be done at... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Wisconsin on
Q: Do I have a case and can I sue?

I tore two ligaments in my wrist after a fall at work. Did physical therapy and then had surgery after that didnt help now my wrist is worse. I moved and didn't have transportation or money to take transportation to attend Dr visits specially if all he was going to was ask me if I was working... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 29, 2016

Sounds like you don't have an attorney. First you need to contact a member of the Wisconsin Assn for Justice who handles

workers compensation--they give free consultations. Your not getting compensation is a problem they may be able to help with. You need to follow up with some...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Wisconsin on
Q: I feel like my medical privacy has been violated in the workplace. Just curious about my options.
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Sep 7, 2016

Generally, there are few remedies other than a slap on the wrist to the provider. Suggest you contact a member of the Wisconsin Assn for Justice that handles employment issues--they give free consultations.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Wisconsin on
Q: Are we eligible for cash settlement? Should we get an attorney?

Are we entitled to a $settlement when you get injured on the job thats above and beyond the weekly benifits, diagnoses degenerative disk disease. Dr says it may or may not be work related? he was given the same furniture immediately reinjured his back His rehab therapist shared she believes, given... Read more »

David M. Erspamer
David M. Erspamer answered on Apr 10, 2014

Yes, if there is a permanent injury, Wisconsin provides for an award. Also, if there is long term wage loss, the law provides for an additional payment called "loss of earning capacity."

The injury is work related if the work is one of the "substantial factors" in...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.