Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wyoming Immigration Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Q: On a H2B visa from south africa, can i eccept a permanent potition if offered one.

Must i marry my gf from my home country before applying for greencard? Who can i get into contact with?

Adan Vega
Adan Vega answered on May 9, 2021

You should visit with an experienced immigration attorney to assist you in exploring options for you. The attorney can assess if you are able to change status. The timing of your marriage can also be discussed including a permanent job offer.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Q: What should I do when the Immigration officer ask me?

My wife and I are from the same country. However, she has US citizenship. When I submitted the AOS application (F1-visa), my wife was overseas, she is there for family matters.

The interview of AOS based on marriage is in two weeks. What should I tell the officer? is it a problem that she... Read more »

Adan Vega
Adan Vega answered on Feb 17, 2020

If your U.S. citizen spouse is the petitioner of the relative petition that was filed with USCIS then both of you must present evidence that both of you are involved in a good faith marriage.

You also can explain the “ family matters “ that have caused your spouse to remain abroad and...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Q: So if she is here longer than the six months allowed by her travel visa, but we have applied for her adjustment of...

status, as she is married to me, a U.S. citizen, will she receive some document allowing her to travel to and from Mexico as we go through the process of her adjustment of status?

Deron Edward Smallcomb
Deron Edward Smallcomb answered on Feb 15, 2019

If you apply for everything correctly, including advanced parole, she will have the ability to travel out of the country. That said, it is highly recommended that she does not. First, she has overstayed. Second, unless she came on a fiance visa, they can prevent her from entering based on immigrant... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Q: Look below for entire question.

My Girlfriend from Mexico whom I met while doing volunteer work in Ecuador came to visit me, after I returned to the United States, entering the country with a valid travel visa. After 2 months, I decided we could not live without each other and we got married.

If she travels back to... Read more »

Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder answered on Feb 15, 2019

In general, A person will be admitted into the USA if they have a valid visa and go through inspection. Admission may be denied if the visa is expired or the person has overstayed their visa. Also, BP had discretion to cancel a visa if they suspect immigration intent.

Just being married to...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Q: How to file an asylum we are having C1/D Visa
Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman answered on Apr 28, 2018

If you successfully make it past a border or entry point and into the U.S., you'll have more time to apply for asylum. In fact, you can take up to a year after entering the U.S. to start the process. (If that deadline has passed, talk to an attorney—exceptions are possible, and USCIS may... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Business Formation and Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Q: - How am I taxed in the US?- What type of entity should I choose to file my EIN application?

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a few questions about my Wyoming LLC which I just registered. I originally registered the LLC especially in Wyoming because of the tax & privacy regulations.

- How am I taxed in the US?

- What type of entity should I choose to file my EIN... Read more »

Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers answered on Jul 10, 2016

There are questions and answers similar to the mentioned situation on our website at You can take a look for general information. Also you consult with an experienced immigration attorney for your best interest. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Collections, Education Law, Immigration Law and International Law for Wyoming on
Q: If I am not an U.S. citizen, and I fail paying my college bill, will a collecting agency find me in my country?

I am currently an international student in the U.S. I have to leave the country soon, but I am not able to pay off my college bill. I was told at the financial office in my school that a collecting agency will take over my case if I fail paying. Since I am originally from a third world country I... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Sep 13, 2015

The worst? Sorry, but you are asking me to imagine all sorts of grisly possibilities, which I won't do. In general, collection agencies annoy you with repeated phone calls, and sometimes find a collection attorney to sue you on a contingent-fee basis. To my knowledge they seldom bother with... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Q: Can my husband still sponser me even though he has warrant in south carolina? We live in a different state where the war

The warrant is only active in south carolina and we live in wyoming. I have been approved for deffered action, we have also been married for two years and have two kids.

Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers answered on Jan 21, 2015

The stated facts create a complex case. Complete contact form on our website to learn how we proceed with your case. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.