Questions Answered by Charles Snyderman

Q: Am I obligated to use the same realtor when we make another offer after a couple of weeks on the same property?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Ohio on
Answered on Aug 22, 2014

No you're not obligated. However, the first realtor could claim that he or she was the procuring cause of the sale, and file suit against the seller for part of the commission.

Q: I made a contract with a builder to buy a house after 1 year the house is not done, what can I do?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for California on
Answered on Aug 22, 2014

The answers to your questions depend on what your agreement of sale says. Schedule an appointment with an attorney in your area, and take the contract with you to the lawyer's office.

Q: My ex husband refinanced a loan and took my name off of it & off of title. How do I get my name off of deed of trust?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Nebraska on
Answered on Aug 22, 2014

This doesn't make sense. If your ex really refinanced, the deed of trust with your name on it would have been paid in full and the mortgage would have been satisfied. In addition, on a foreclosure, the lender usually goes after the property, and you would not have any liability. The deed of trust creates a lien on the property. It does not obligate you to pay. Only the note obligates you to pay back a loan.

Q: how would I obtain a chronological case summary of a civil lawsuit that was filed in 1993 & ruled in my favor in 1995

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Indiana on
Answered on Aug 22, 2014

I am not familiar with the courts in Indiana. However, you might call the clerk of the Court and ask how you can take a look at the docket from your case.

Q: can a corporation sue a living man? Or can fictions only deal with other fictions?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law for California on
Answered on Aug 22, 2014

A corporation is considered to be a person under the law, and so a corporation can sue a living man.

Q: Can a tenant sue his landlord for property damage due to neglect and untimely repairs?

2 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Georgia on
Answered on Aug 14, 2014

Sure. But do not delay. There is a statute of limitations.

Q: Is there any difference in powers and authority of corporate secretary and assistant corporate secretary in Delaware law

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for Delaware on
Answered on Aug 14, 2014

No. The differences, if any, would be set forth in the company's bylaws.

Q: Repair shop asking for more money after I settled bill, is this legal?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law for Georgia on
Answered on Aug 12, 2014

I'm not a Georgia attorney and so I don't know Georgia law. However, let me ask you a question. If they charged you too much and you later discovered the error, do you think you'd have the right to get a refund? It usually works both ways.

Q: I purchased a vehicle last week and they did not collect the down payment. Can they come after me for it?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law for Florida on
Answered on Aug 12, 2014

If you agreed to pay a certain amount for a vehicle, you can't get out of paying it simply because the seller did not collect it. However, if the seller was a dealer, and if you financed the car, I suggest you take another look at the documents you received. It's possible that the down payment was financed, or it could have been taken care of by the car you traded in (assuming you did so).

Q: My husband, my brother, and I are living in my moms house but she passed away.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Indiana on
Answered on Aug 7, 2014

I am not an Indiana attorney, but I am not aware of any state that requires you to change the Deed. One question, however, is how did you acquire title. Was there a Will?

Q: Is there anything we can do if we paid for a property and were never given a deed?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Ohio on
Answered on Aug 7, 2014

Send her a letter telling her that if she does not provide you with the Deed in 10 days, you will refer the matter to an attorney. Be sure to hire an attorney if you do not receive the deed.

Q: I entered into a lease/option to buy and now the landlord/owner wants to amend the agreement. Can they do that?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Arizona on
Answered on Aug 7, 2014

They cannot amend the agreement without your consent.

Q: Can a lawyer get more money for a client than the client would get from the insurance company alone?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Florida on
Answered on Aug 7, 2014

In most cases, the answer is "yes."

Q: do we need a lawyer to read wisconsin contract before signing? what is the charge to do so?

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Wisconsin on
Answered on Aug 2, 2014

The easiest way to get an answer would be to call a local attorney's office and ask what they charge.

Q: subcontracter owed money what can i have signed as a legal agreement ?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Aug 2, 2014

Sorry, but you have not given enough information. Can you ask again and provide details?

Q: The seller has not completed the agreed too repairs.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Indiana on
Answered on Aug 2, 2014

A lawyer will have to read the agreement of sale and other related documents before answering this question.

Justia Legal Answers is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Legal Answers is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Legal Answers without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.