Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Harper J. Dimmerman

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: brought home frm estate, exec never had Ok from court to sell how can i get clear title if exec is in another state. PA

Is there a motion I can file with orphans court to clear title so that I can sell the property. If so what is the motion called. The exec is elderly and in another state (GA) really cant make the trip, can i file of their behalf.

Harper J. Dimmerman answered on Jul 22, 2014

I concur with Mr. Snyderman that you should begin with the title insurance underwriter. It sounds like you may have a fraud claim (these are governed by a two year time limit), which could be a basis for rescission if you are willing to file suit. You should confer with an attorney immediately as... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on

Q: Do I need a lawyer to sell my house?

Harper J. Dimmerman answered on Jul 19, 2014

Although I agree with Mr. Snyderman that there is no actual requirement that one must utilize an attorney to sell his/her house, the disclosure laws in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania can be quite strict, considering that even an innocent misrepresentation can be actionable after the real estate... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.